Let us not forget about this guy (please) (1 Viewer)

In years past we have witnessed alot of players from other teams, breaking records against our saints. A few that i can remember off the top of my head:
Corey Dillon rushed for like 278 yards against us in one game. Of course we all remember what Willie Parker did to us, and another one that I can think of is last year when Brett Favre put up 52 points against us (most ever in his career).
There are alot more examples like these, but i cant think of them right now. Maybe someone can help me with some more.
Usually it is a completely 'unexpected' player that does it to us. Players seem to have breakout games against the Saints more than any other team in the league.
I have a scary feeling that Chris Henry vs. Jason Craft matchup will be exploited big time, and we need bullocks to step in and help craft when henry is on the field.
Henry is a big play guy and Craft will be toast if this mismatch is not taken into consideration.
Henry could be the next guy to have a 'breakout' game against our Saints.

Corey Dillon ran for 278 against Denver -- at that time, an NFL record. He's never done anything remotely close to that against the Saints.

Chris Henry will score. This season, the theme seems to be that opposing players with ties to NOLA or SELA will score against the Saints. Henry's from the Westbank, therefore, Henry will score. Just accept it, and focus on stopping everyone else.

Look what the Ravens did to us. They were struggling to get 10 points a game, they were in somewhat of a QB controversy, but they came into our house and torched our defense for 30= points. That is also unacceptable and it is also reminince of the Saints of old.

Actually, Baltimore's offense "torched" us for 21 points.

Our OWN offense essentially spotted them 14 more points.

I admit Jason Craft frightens me any time he is on the field, no matter who he is (not) covering; but after last week, the person I'm most worried about is Rudi Johnson. Anyone know if Danny Clark will start this week after Simoneau's let down perfromance last week? It seemed like we got Clark to come in and start, but Simoneau had played well enough to stay until last week. Simoneau is still listed as the starter on the depth chart at the Saints site, but that is not always up-to-date.

I'd love to see Danny Clark in for running plays, but isn't his pass defense super suspect? And isn't that what Simoneau excels in? Kinda makes you wish you just had an average MLB that was solid in both!

my whole point is that we still are the same Saints on defense( except we are improved). But we let an above average runninback break 2 70+ yarders in one game. that is unacceptable. and that is something that we havent overcome YET. Look what the Ravens did to us. They were struggling to get 10 points a game, they were in somewhat of a QB controversy, but they came into our house and torched our defense for 30= points. That is also unacceptable and it is also reminince of the Saints of old.

The Ravens offense didn't score 30+ on the Saints, they scored 21, and only even got that much because of a lucky tip. 2 TDs were defensive returns.

And as mentioned, Dillon didn't run for 278 on the Saints, that was on the Broncos.

The Bengals put up 41 on the Chargers last week, I don't expect them to not score this week. But what I think people also don't realize is, the Steelers had over 500 yards of offense against the Broncos just a week before they played the Saints too. It's not like the Saints' defense is the best in the league, and at the same time it's not like they're playing crummy offenses when people are putting up these yards.

my whole point is that we still are the same Saints on defense( except we are improved). But we let an above average runninback break 2 70+ yarders in one game. that is unacceptable. and that is something that we havent overcome YET. Look what the Ravens did to us. They were struggling to get 10 points a game, they were in somewhat of a QB controversy, but they came into our house and torched our defense for 30= points. That is also unacceptable and it is also reminince of the Saints of old.

Actually the Saints D didn't give up 30 points, 14 of those were given up by our offense.

I'd love to see Danny Clark in for running plays, but isn't his pass defense super suspect? And isn't that what Simoneau excels in? Kinda makes you wish you just had an average MLB that was solid in both!

If I recall, Danny clark ws in on that first 70+ yarder.

ok let me help you, i can care less about the bung gals, single gals or whatever you callthem. were winning this game, hello, this is the saints SUPER FORUM
we are winning this game MAYBE I FORGOT TO SAY we are winning this game. please come back to this post and advise me any different.
MAY I PLEASE SAY AGAIN SAINTS SAINTS SAINTS.... THIS IS THE SAINTS SUPER FORUM the only thing im scared about tomorrow is not having enough time to get everything done before the game. other than that,
SAINTS WIN BY 2 TD'S
OH I FORGOT GEAUX SAINTS

I got a feeling the Saints will be breaking
records this week.

RUN BUSH RUN!!!!

smiley-faces7.gif

everyone gets a touchdown. Deuce, bush, Horn, Colston, and Brees sneaks one in.

Danny Clark = coverage liability. Espescially in the redzone. I still have high hopes for him, but he hasn't shown much on the field (at least 2 blown coverage assignments vs TEs on the goal line leading to TDs).

This defense has weaknesses, but statistically is not the worst defense the Saints teams have had. They are as good as some of the bad defenses that other quality ofensive teams have with winning records in the NFL.
I am like Coach Payton - stay with what i got and make it work till next year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom