Lets discuss Alabama draft prospects (1 Viewer)

I don't follow BAMA enough to understand this in a vacuum Spam. What makes you say Milliner wouldn't fit here?

Saban gimps his CBs technique-wise. It's like QBs under Leach. He doesn't teach a lot of traditional CB techniques you'd expect in a top NFL player, simple stuff like back peddling,

He uses a lot of two-deep zone and then his CBs press (which is good) and then either go deep or drop into a short zone, squatting on shorter routes. It's effective, but his CBs are limited and tend to look better than they are.

Miliner would press here, and he's a big guy with experience at it, so that's good. But we have no idea if he can play off the LOS or how good his man skills really are. He's a much better fit for a zone heavy team.

These are all from Walters Football.
If he drops to 15 he just might be BPA.
DeMarcus Milliner*, CB, Alabama
Height: 6-0. Weight: 201.
40 Time: 4.37.
Projected Round (2013): Top 10.

If he is still there in the 3rd or definitely the 4th this is definitely a position of need and might be BPA.
Had 8 interceptions year before last and 4 last year.
Robert Lester, S, Alabama
Height: 6-1. Weight: 220. Arm: 31 1/4. Hand: 9 3/4.
40 Time: 4.66.
Projected Round (2013): 3-4.

Like others have said love his versatility.
Barrett Jones, C/G/T, Alabama
Height: 6-4. Weight: 306. Arm: 34.18.
Projected 40 Time: 5.20.
Projected Round (2013): 2-3.

All these guys could be a good choice in the right round.

Saban gimps his CBs technique-wise. It's like QBs under Leach. He doesn't teach a lot of traditional CB techniques you'd expect in a top NFL player, simple stuff like back peddling,

He uses a lot of two-deep zone and then his CBs press (which is good) and then either go deep or drop into a short zone, squatting on shorter routes. It's effective, but his CBs are limited and tend to look better than they are.

Miliner would press here, and he's a big guy with experience at it, so that's good. But we have no idea if he can play off the LOS or how good his man skills really are. He's a much better fit for a zone heavy team.

Gotcha. I definitely understand the Leach-TTU QB analogy. I just thought Saban was known as a secondary/defensive backs guy. However, Dee M. size and speed make me think he'll transition well to a man or press man scheme. Elite speed helps one make up for whiffs on the LOS and he'll be able to battle bigger WR for jump balls.

NFL Scouts, Coaches, GMs, Glenn Dorsey, Rickey Jean-Francois, Marcus Spears, Kyle Williams and Jarvis Green disagree.

Kyle Williams is a beast.. The rest were average players

Has Barrett Jones serious slid all the way into round 2 or 3? Any reason why? I recall mid-season or so how he was supposedly going to be a sure-shot 1st rounder and the anchor in the middle of some NFL team...........

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom