Lets discuss Alabama draft prospects (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Since LSU has been discussed a lot, what does Alabama have coming into the draft that would help our Saints?

Im interested in a less obvious player - LB Nico Johnson. I always liked him at Bama. But he seems like a mid/late rounder?

Lsu players have been discussed based on projected drafts not simply because they went to LSU. Just wanted to clarify.

I want that ILB coming out of Bama next year. LSU simply has more players that fit our needs this year, that's why they are discussed.

Jessie Williams, but I think we'd have to trade down to get him at his ideal spot. He'll more than likely be gone but if somehow Dee Milliner slips to us..wow, he's one of the if not the most fundamentally sound CB's in the entire draft. Very few PI's on him and always gets his head around for the ball.

We could also do a lot worse than Fluker if he was BPA, perhaps with a tradedown, he's a hoss and inspires the rest of the linemen. Could he play LT for us, I don't know

Micheal Williams TE, not sure what round he'll go but when he was called on he did his job and has a nice build. 6-5 3/4, 270 pounds, played on ALL National Championship Teams. His blocking is superb but he had some drops in the Senior bowl, pretty reliable otherwise. He was originally recruited as a DE, his superb blocking skills would go very well with our two TE sets. Probably a 3rd or 4th round pick. He would help our running game out for sure.

EDIT-Apparently many mock sites have him going in rounds 6-7

What kind of LB is Nico Johnson and what round will he fall to Gumerk?

We could also do a lot worse than Fluker if he was BPA, perhaps with a tradedown, he's a hoss and inspires the rest of the linemen. Could he play LT for us, I don't know

I'm a big Fluker fan. Even if he plays RT, he would, at least eventually, be an upgrade over Strief. And I think possibly immediately. He can also play inside. He's versatile. I love his measurables in particular.

Yeah, I like DJ Fluker too. He was actually the emotional leader on that Tide offense last season. Hes a real emotional kind of guy and hes a bulldozer.

What kind of LB is Nico Johnson and what round will he fall to Gumerk?

Just from watching him I can tell you he's one of the best LB's I've seen come out of Bama as far as shedding blocks. I rarely saw him get congested by O-lineman and he just has some kind of a knack for getting off blocks.

He's got a good build 6-2 250 pounds, worked out well at the combine. I really don't think he's an elite pass rusher type but as far as shedding his blocks, finding the ball and laying the hammer down, I don't think you're going to find anyone in this years draft that does it a whole lot more consistently than him.

EDIT-From what I've gathered he's about a 4th rounder.

Just from watching him I can tell you he's one of the best LB's I've seen come out of Bama as far as shedding blocks. I rarely saw him get congested by O-lineman and he just has some kind of a knack for getting off blocks.

He's got a good build 6-2 250 pounds, worked out well at the combine. I really don't think he's an elite pass rusher type but as far as shedding his blocks, finding the ball and laying the hammer down, I don't think you're going to find anyone in this years draft that does it a whole lot more consistently than him.

He could make sense in the 4th. He projects well to the 3-4 SILB spot behind Lofton (and in fact is pretty similar to Lofton). We could play Wilson or Hawthorne, maybe, there if Lofton got hurt, but since both are projected to be starters and not ideal, it's something of a "need".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom