Let's do what the Browns did....... (1 Viewer)

Breezy9

Reaction score
Let's do what the Browns did and make a run for the Super Bowl here.....

1 (10) Anquan Boldin, WR, Arizona. Trade the pick to Arizona along with a third rounder next year (cause it is probably going to take that much) and pair Boldin and Colston together as the best WR tandem in the NFL.

2 (40) Lito Sheppard, CB, Philadelphia. Trade the pick to Philadelphia for Lito Sheppard giving us a heck of a defensive backfield. Even with Gay, McKenzie is getting older and coming off of a major injury. Sheppard is 26 and a two time pro-bowler.

3 (76) Jeremy Shockey, TE, New York. Trade the pick to the Giants for Shockey. The Giants will soon realize that they aren't going to get much more than this for the risky Shockey, so they might as well deal him for a third.

Offense (this is one sick offense):

QB Brees
RB Bush
FB Karney
TE Shockey
WR Boldin
WR Colston
OL Brown, Alleman, Nesbit, Evans, Bushrod/Strief

Defense:

DE Grant, Smith (McCray)
DT Thomas, Young (use 4th rounder here)
LB Fujita, Vilma, Morgan
CB McKenzie, Sheppard (Gay is nickel, David is dime)
S Harper, ABB (anybody but Bullocks)

Super Bowl here we come!

Last edited:
I don't think those trades would be accepted by the other etams for starters, but I also think that we would throw away a bunch of picks that we should use on DT in the draft.

Fun to dream, but I liked the dream of swaping 1's with Philly for Lito. Then swapping the Philly 1 for Shockey, then selecting BPA with that pick better.

I don't think those trades would be accepted by the other etams for starters, but I also think that we would throw away a bunch of picks that we should use on DT in the draft.

These are all players that are openly being shopped for draft picks. Well, not som much on Boldin yet that is more speculation. But Shockey and Sheppard are on the block from everything I've heard.

I wouldn't mind trading away our first three picks in return for Anquan Boldin (very underrated), Lito Sheppard(also underrated), and Jeremy Shockey (overated). :9:

Incumbent starting right tackle the past two years Jon Stinchcomb is still under contract yet you list two other than him in that spot. Funny how he seems so dispensible here yet if we were looking for a starter there it would cost much more than we are paying Stinch mainly bc he didn't win a starting job early and then when competing for the starting left tackle postition a few years back he got hurt. What I would find interesting is if the line had a shuffling of the deck with moving everyone (except Goodwin or Evans) wherever they can dominate best. Stinch got most of his playing time earlier in his career as a guard. Maybe Brown is a better dominate right tackle and Streif can handle the left side. I don't care as long as they can maintain the pass protection level and finally open some huge holes on a regular basis so we can see Reggie and the Cruisers breaking off the big gainers and also be able to convert third and 3 whenever we want. To be able to dominate the short yardage run game would be awesome.

Last edited:
Let's do what the Browns did and make a run for the Super Bowl here.....

1 (10) Anquan Boldin, WR, Arizona. Trade the pick to Arizona along with a third rounder next year (cause it is probably going to take that much) and pair Boldin and Colston together as the best WR tandem in the NFL.

2 (40) Lito Sheppard, CB, Philadelphia. Trade the pick to Philadelphia for Lito Sheppard giving us a heck of a defensive backfield. Even with Gay, McKenzie is getting older and coming off of a major injury. Sheppard is 26 and a two time pro-bowler.

3 (76) Jeremy Shockey, TE, New York. Trade the pick to the Giants for Shockey. The Giants will soon realize that they aren't going to get much more than this for the risky Shockey, so they might as well deal him for a third.

Offense (this is one sick offense):

QB Brees
RB Bush
FB Karney
TE Shockey
WR Boldin
WR Colston
OL Brown, Alleman, Nesbit, Evans, Bushrod/Strief

Defense:

DE Grant, Smith (McCray)
DT Thomas, Young (use 4th rounder here)
LB Fujita, Vilma, Morgan
CB McKenzie, Sheppard (Gay is nickel, David is dime)
S Harper, ABB (anybody but Bullocks)

Super Bowl here we come!

Bolden is not on the block, Philly wants a 1st for Sheppard, NY wants a 1st for Shockey, we don't have a 4th round pick this year for your DT, and the 3rd you want to add for Bolden next year is in question due to the Vilma trade. Find us 2 more 1st rounders and hold a gun to Arizona gm's head demanding a trade for Bolden, and hey, you might have something here :)

Incumbent starting right tackle the past two years Jon Stinchcomb is still under contract yet you list two other than him in that spot. Funny how he seems so dispensible here yet if we were looking for a starter there it would cost much more than we are paying Stinch mainly bc he didn't win a starting job early and then when competing for the starting left tackle postition a few years back he got hurt. What I would find interesting is if the line had a shuffling of the deck with moving everyone (except Goodwin or Evans) wherever they can dominate best. Stinch got most of his playing time earlier in his career as a guard. Maybe Brown is a better dominate right tackle and Streif can handle the left side. I don't care as long as they can maintain the pass protection level and finally open some huge holes on a regular basis so we can see Reggie and the Cruisers breaking off the big gainers and also be able to convert third and 3 whenever we want. To be able to dominate the short yardage run game would be awesome.

Just trying to make some changes to the line, because quite frankly they stunk last year.

I'd rather trade the first and next year's third for Haynesworth.

personally, i think it's a terrible idea. you don't trade aay all your draft picks for vets. first, you typically are guaranteed these draft picks for 4 to 5 years at a reasonable salaries. they are an infusion of youth and some develop into great players..these vets usually only have 1 or 2 years left on their contracts, which is why they are being shopped...we'll either need to re-sign them to huge new contracts or else they walk after one year...throwing away draft picks is a sure way to make the club a perennial loser in a year or two...

personally, i think it's a terrible idea. you don't trade aay all your draft picks for vets. first, you typically are guaranteed these draft picks for 4 to 5 years at a reasonable salaries. they are an infusion of youth and some develop into great players..these vets usually only have 1 or 2 years left on their contracts, which is why they are being shopped...we'll either need to re-sign them to huge new contracts or else they walk after one year...throwing away draft picks is a sure way to make the club a perennial loser in a year or two...

Normally, I agree with this but we're trying to win a Super Bowl here. Sometimes you have to take risks and based on last years draft, I'd rather have these guys.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom