Let's Get to the Heart of Matter: What's Up with Our Conditioning? (1 Viewer)

What's Causing All our Injuries?

• Poor Conditioning Coaches and Conditioning Program

Votes: 22 36.7%
  • Selecting too many Players with Injury Histories

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • The new CBA Offseason Rules we have not Yet Adjusted to

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Fate and Fortune

Votes: 16 26.7%
  • Jambalaya

Votes: 11 18.3%

• Total voters

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
I used to blame it on RR's conditioning. I admit to being wrong over that one :jpshakehead:

However frustrated we are as fans, I don't think we can expect a much better effort out of that team last night. We have turned into a MASH unit. No team can have half its planned starters right before the season out with injuries and win - not even the Pats.

So the problem either appears to be conditioning which can easily be improved with coaching and changes in that department. The other is we pick players who are prone to injury. That too can be fixed without brain Surgery.

Here's a poll to see what your ideas are over this issue

I thought it was the Greenbrier's fault? :mwink:

Haha. I told you in the past: it's the WV moonshine, golf and skeet shooting resort

But in reality, I think the 1st major move we make is cancelling out on WV and moving all offseason practice and training camp back to Airline highway. Don't know if it's just a coincidence, the air in WV or what. But WV and Saints winning do not seem to fit together.

players being out of position showing poor tackling technique and running into each other?

The fundamentals on the defensive side and ST's on this team are poor and have been for a while. I don't know enough about how a pro team is coached on fundamentals but it seems logical to conclude its a position coach problem. Poor spacing on defense, lack of contain on the back side of runs, D-linemen never put their hands up when they don't get to the QB, which is almost every pass play. Why do the linebackers always attack the QB on those bootleg plays and there is no one covering the back? Poor tackling, again. Hitting the ball carrier and there always seems to be yardage after contact. 1 yard gains turn into 3-4 yard gains, 8 yard plays turn into 11 yards way too often. The team is young and playing without starters, our MLB is kinda slow and I don't know what Byrd is doing...but it doesn't excuse lack of smart football fundamentals.

Obviously the choosers of the first choice and their infinite wisdom believe we should be doing more up and downs and Pilate stretches.

I can name several players on defense that should be doing more kegel exercises.

Greenbrier:
UpperLobby.jpg

Where we used to train:
Alligator.jpg

You do the math.

We should bring in Pete! That will solve everything!

billinms - LMAO :smilielol: It couldn't hurt

Pete will readily admit he is not an NFL caliber coach. I'm not sure Pete would accept the head conditioning job in the NFL. But he knows his stuff. I'll tell him what you said today and post his response.

I posted before the season that Pete said JJ Watt is on the way down and why. And sure enough, he now has a back injury. It's the Roids, HGH, Nutrition thing that gives an athlete peak performance for 5-7 years then the body crashes.

I wear my Black and Gold into the gym every day. He knows I love the Saints. He also loves Drew Brees since high school days, but he's not a Saints fan. He told me in July, "Bro, the Saints are a franchise on the way down. This year will be ugly. The player and contract mistakes of the past years are now coming to a head. Time to pay the Piper." I didn't post it knowing the reaction and I hoped he was wrong which he is occasionally. He also thought Brees was showing all the signs of aging and on the way down this year. Pete is the 1st to admit he was wrong about that one and glad he was.

The irony of this after your Rob Ryan fitness thread is simply incredible.

Still think I was right about that one. I think this poor conditioning all happened under RR, but not that it had to do with RRs poor conditioning. Just bad coaching.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom