Let's give it up for Fleener and the Oline (1 Viewer)

That touchdown wasn't even to him, really. I'm not sure if he ran the wrong route or something, but it worked out. Keuchley had no idea what was even going on.

They did well, all things considered. The Panthers do have one of the best front 7 in the NFL. I did start to worry about Zack. It looked like Johnson was starting to own him.

To be fair they were a bit patchy in the pre-season. Bringing Jahri back in and moving Peat to the left side helped settle things.

Peat's done very well at LT and hopefully his injury isn't serious. If we can get Armstead back soon we should be very solid the rest of the way in.

I respect your opinion but you said the magic word. Preseason means nothing.

Remember we were missing Armstead again and then Peat went down. Hill was not a very effective replacement. I am looking forward to seeing a healthy Armstead and Peat back inside at RG. I believe only then will we be able to really see how this line will do as the season progresses.

Amazing that all of the fans that bashed the OLine this year can't admit they were and are wrong.

Already did earlier in the week and happy I was wrong. But what do you really want. Some Catholic like confessions, burning of candles and 3 rosaries because 80% of us were happily wrong? Seriously? Will this make you feel better? How about beating the Panthers as the only thing we need to unite as a Who Dat family. Prefer confessions over Saints wins???

WHO DAT!

The O-Line has certainly outperformed both their talent and our expectations. Drew not only was able to step up and get the ball out quickly at times, but often had tons of time to figure something out, and on our last TD drive, the protection was crucial to him going through his reads and finding the open receiver.

Fleener is getting integrated into our gameplan and is improving as a reliable target. I'm happy to see it and hope it continues. I would love to be wrong about that signing.

Some players just seem to take longer to learn the play book than others. It looks like Fleener is one of those. He has the talent to play as a top receiving tightend when he knows the play and it looks like he is getting better each game on it. From listening to the game today it sounds like he still had a couple of plays he got confused on but over all he had a great game. I think he will prove to be worth the contract they gave him.

I have very critical of both Fleener and Josh Hill. But I give credit where credits due. The Saints don't win without either guy today. Both of their best games as Saints.

I hope at least Peat or Armstead play next week. Hopefully both!

The fact we can move Peat around from week to week is impressive. He must know the playbook extremely well. Fleener earned much respect today and that TD catch proved he has some above average hands. Let's also give love to Lutz for kicking that field goal that would of been good from 60... simply clutch.

If our Cornerbacks would of just looked back for the ball today! My blood pressure would of been benefited greatly.

I believe Drew said that the pass was for Fleener and the other receiver wasn't in the right spot.

I believe Drew said that the pass was for Fleener and the other receiver wasn't in the right spot.

yeah he did, it definitely looked like Fleener was in the right place as it was in stride. Snead was out of place but ended up creating a pick play and giving Coby a free run into the EZ

Some players just seem to take longer to learn the play book than others. It looks like Fleener is one of those. He has the talent to play as a top receiving tightend when he knows the play and it looks like he is getting better each game on it. From listening to the game today it sounds like he still had a couple of plays he got confused on but over all he had a great game. I think he will prove to be worth the contract they gave him.

Could be, but I have a slightly different theory. Payton's offense is pretty complex. A ton of different formations and it relies a lot on playmakers being in the right place at the right time. It took a similar length of time for Watson to find his stride last year. And prolly will take time for any other TE with a similar role. The TE really has to learn a lot, blocking schemes, running routes, chip blocks, timing, and even running like he did today. That run shocked everybody...in a good way, heh. Of course, Brees being his first new qb in 8 years prolly had something to do with it too. Regardless, glad to see he's finding his groove. It's coming at a great time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom