Let's give it up for Fleener and the Oline (1 Viewer)

dapperdan

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
As I've stated many times on here many times. I was wrong about the OLine. I said we would have a top 10 Oline when in reality it is a top 5 unit.

As for Fleener he really stepped up today and may of even had an interception for a touchdown.

Fleener is why you don't give up on a player after a few games.

He's on pace for around 800 yards and 7-8 TDs and he's just now getting comfortable in the offense. He's a weapon.

One thing that hasn't really been mentioned regarding fleener is that this is his first season catching passes from a QB not named Andrew Luck since his freshman year at Stanford... Eight years ago

Congratulations!

=).

O line, even with some injuries is impressive in pass blocking. Fleener has improved greatly as expected. Dude has been balling out there.

Amazing that all of the fans that bashed the OLine this year can't admit they were and are wrong.

Yeah they were just jumping on the O line sucks bandwagon . I still believe like I did before we do need an upgrade at OG , more so to improve the running game but I think we'll address it in the offseason

Amazing that all of the fans that bashed the OLine this year can't admit they were and are wrong.
You know Payton was hard on them in preseason aswell? They are playing exceptionally well, but we are about to face the bulk of premier pass rushers with two of our lineman injured. So... I hope Peat and TA are back for Seattle's and Denver's pass rush. THat's going to be a game right there.

I was stunned by that big catch Fleener made. Props to him, because I thought that was picked off at first.

I was HATING on Fleener after the first few games.

I'm glad the FO didn't over react like I did

As for Fleener he really stepped up today and may of even had an interception for a touchdown.

Irony is that ball wasn't intended for Fleener one of them ran a wrong route and Fleener snatched at worse interception at best an incomplete pass out of the air for a TD. Those type of plays in College and NFL level are very rare luckily we were on the good end.

To be fair they were a bit patchy in the pre-season. Bringing Jahri back in and moving Peat to the left side helped settle things.

Peat's done very well at LT and hopefully his injury isn't serious. If we can get Armstead back soon we should be very solid the rest of the way in.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom