Lets go over this again.... (1 Viewer)

rlemieux

Who Dat?
Reaction score
The defense isn't the problem. They are going to give up some big plays (Mike Vick had a bunch today), but if the offense does'nt turn the ball over, put them in bad positions, manages the game then we will win most games.

Again, the defense won't win games (like Balitmore, Chicago, etc.) but they aren't bad enough to lose games either.

The defense isn't the problem. They are going to give up some big plays (Mike Vick had a bunch today), but if the offense does'nt turn the ball over, put them in bad positions, manages the game then we will win most games.

Again, the defense won't win games (like Balitmore, Chicago, etc.) but they aren't bad enough to lose games either.

Yes, I concur

Let's go over this again:

We didn't go pass-wacky, and we won the game (had to say it). Brees got his yards and Deuce got the touches we all feel he needed. Add in the great play by the defense, and Billy Cundiff's powerful kickoffs... we had perfect synergy today. Any mistakes were minor ones that we quickly overcame simply by staying the course.

Most notably, we didn't play "fly down the field and score quickly, because the defense is just gonna allow points anyway" like it was suggested around here earlier this week.

I think the defense has a "bend but don't break" mentality and I'm ok with that. Vick might have run all over us but they only got 13 points out of it. I don't worry about how much yardage is given up, its how many points that are given up that's important.

i agree...

though i believe payton will re-tool this D next year to make it even better.

Like Spam and I said last week, this defense can keep us in games, we just have to stop giving up points and putting them in bad positions.

Keys to remember about this win

Brees had 30 pass attempts
Deuce had 20 rush attempts
No New Orleans turnovers
The defense held Atlanta to 1 offensive tuchdown
Rush/Pass ratio 25/30 or 45.5% run and 54.5 pass

Agree also. I also agree that defense will be the focus of the offseason. Other than Mckenzie, the DB's playing right now are so lost out there.Craft played ok but how he over ran that one play so bad I'll never understand. Where did he think that receiver was going ... to Burger King? Stoutmire has a horrible habit of looping back around to a receiver after he gets toated instead of planting his foot and going after them. This just leaves the receiver that much more wide open like Crumpler on his big catch. I've seen Stoutmire do this in previous games and always ends up with the same results.

Agree also. I also agree that defense will be the focus of the offseason. Other than Mckenzie, the DB's playing right now are so lost out there.Craft played ok but how he over ran that one play so bad I'll never understand. Where did he think that receiver was going ... to Burger King? Stoutmire has a horrible habit of looping back around to a receiver after he gets toated instead of planting his foot and going after them. This just leaves the receiver that much more wide open like Crumpler on his big catch. I've seen Stoutmire do this in previous games and always ends up with the same results.

I agree, there are plenty of holes to fill. However, with the points this offense can put up the defense just has to be average (and thats what they are) to win games.

I also forgot to mention, every RB not named Mike Vick had 115 yards rushing on 33 carries (or 3.48 YPC). Vick did all his damage between the 20's. Once he got in the redzone, the feild closed up and so did the Saints defense.

This D lost the game against the Cats, and CONTRIBUTED in the loss 2 more games this season.....against the Steelers, and the Bengals the D gave up BIG PLAYS, which were the reason our opponents scored more points than us!...

Of course the turnovers didn't help either, in these 2 losses, but there weren't turnovers in the loss against the Cats!

The good news is, the D can play better! today they did just that, and that was enough for the victory......and as we're heading down the stretch our D needs to play just as aggressively as today!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom