Let's just face it guys...We're just not there yet. (1 Viewer)

BCK30

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I know there are a lot of eternal optimists out there but we as fans have to face the music...this team is just a step or two behind what it takes to truly contend for anything worthwhile. The Defense is a perfect example...how do you come off a performance where you only give up 9 points on the road and then follow it up by allowing 5 straight TDs???? Are you kidding me????????? Special Teams???? What a joke...if it wasn't for Lutz hitting a 57 yarder right before halftime I would say why even have a special teams unit...The only noteworthy stop the Defense got was negated by a stupid fluky play that virtually gave Atlanta 7 points...it's like the Steve Gleason play in reverse..and I think that was the theme for the night..REVERSE!!!! This team seems to be going backwards right when they keep saying they're right "there" Give me a break...It's so frustrating to be a Saints fan right now....either we're getting screwed by the refs, or the defense is just leaky giving away yards and points, or our special teams proves to be anything but special....The Offense did all they could I guess but I have to question one crucial moment in the game...We're down 45-32...Brees gets the team in the redzone with I believe more than 7 minutes to play......but yet what do we do...continue to pass the ball when Atlanta was giving up yards up the middle via draw plays all night...Ingram was killing it....when you're so pass happy in the redzone that's how those silly pick 6's happen...You guys can red thumb me, flame me or whatever...I don't care!!! I know what I saw and it could've been a win but we're just not "there" yet and I don't know when this team will ever get "there"

This is a year for learning and rebuilding. The injuries only cemented that.

We need to be happy watching the growth we are seeing from our young players. We will be better next year, but first we have to go through this season.

Lot to unpack, but the Saints don't have a defensive middle class. When the injuries hit they are playing UDFA's. A competent NFL team is going to be able to take advantage of that.

They get some money to spend next year to put some competent pieces in place and hopefully they get a little better injury luck. One plus is that some young guys get some reps.

We continue to have the same problems year after year for the last three years now and this group front office and coaching staff have shown a really frustrating inability to fix ANY of them!

We have been terrible at developing talent and have made some of worse roster moves via the FA market in the whole league. I guess we have to ask will it take firing all of these guys and cleaning house from the top down to turn this thing around?

It is clear now what this regime is doing is taking us nowhere and as optimistic as we can be I am not sure it changes at all once again heading into next season.

We need to be happy watching the growth we are seeing from our young players. We will be better next year, but first we have to go through this season.

Completely agree.

Tyler Davison makes a huge difference if he plays tonight. Falcons don't get those same huge going holes. Need that bye week right now.

how many more years till the saints quit having the worst defense?

They may be better, but they still won't contend for a playoff spot.

They may be better, but they still won't contend for a playoff spot.

Next year we most certainly will. If we don't make the playoffs next year Sean will be gone (if he isn't gone this year). We are facing injuries in a major way on defense, and our defense couldn't afford injuries to begin with, but the young guys are growing.

We will be fine.

Too many injuries in a season where we couldn't afford any significant personnel losses.

If we are a healthy team, we are looking at no worse than 2-1. Instead, we are down to fifth and sixth stringers and guys from off the streets.

It's a recipe for losing football.

Too many injuries in a season where we couldn't afford any significant personnel losses.

If we are a healthy team, we are looking at no worse than 2-1. Instead, we are down to fifth and sixth stringers and guys from off the streets.

It's a recipe for losing football.

Furthermore, when it isn't the 5th and 6th stringers killing us, its the vets we paid big money to. The 5th and 6th stringers are quite surprising honestly. Moore is solid, and Crawley is growing.

Someone get Aaron Glenn a raise.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom