Let's Just Go Ahead and SAY IT...Super Bowl (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
We got the O, we got the linebacker, we got one shutdown corner (3 others with potential and one looking to redeem himself), and great set of DE's. We make the right moves on draft day and SUPER BOWL. I said this today and my friend started laughing at me. I'm tired of it being, "we're building a team." Loomis needs to pull out the stops. THIS needs to be the year. This needs to be the year.

"cricket, cricket"....naw just kidding....I'm hoping for a good year though.

That's exactly why I say pick the best player in the draft who can help you THIS year. Brees is healthy and not getting any younger. Ellis, Rivers, Dorsey and maybe McElvin should be our only options.

Our schedule doesn't contain one QB that will scare the pants off of me. That said... if we dont' make any more improvements on the interior d-line and in the secondary we'll get torched again.

Sorry QBs killed us last year... not the good one(s).

Even before the draft... I'm going with 12-4.

We got the O, we got the linebacker, we got one shutdown corner (3 others with potential and one looking to redeem himself), and great set of DE's. We make the right moves on draft day and SUPER BOWL. I said this today and my friend started laughing at me. I'm tired of it being, "we're building a team." Loomis needs to pull out the stops. THIS needs to be the year. This needs to be the year.

:worthy:

couldn't agree more - I've been saying this all off-season - THIS IS OUR TIME!! For the 1st time EVER I really think we have a legit shot at a Championship IF we make the right moves on Draft Day!!

I've been saying "this year is the year" since I was 11. Funny thing is, i REALLY believe it every year. Oh well...THIS IS THE YEAR!

Ahhhhhhh....the irrational exuberance that comes withApril. We are way behind Dallas, NY in talent in the NFC. We were 6-10. Teams that can't stop others or run the ball well don't go to super bowls.

Another Walter Thomas signing could ramp up the optimism further.

Whoa! Remember: Cheese can be dangerous! :hihi:

The missing part of the equation is the "if" factor:

1) if Vilma remains healthy
2) if Morgan remains healthy
3) if Deuce comes back healthy
4) if Predator (McKenzie) comes back healthy

Agree that we've done a pretty decent job with FA's, but we need to wait 'n see how all the pieces come together.

:gosaints:

I agree with everything...except that Jason David part. There is more value in my sons diaper.

2006 was magical. 2007 was the first time I actually believed with my head, not just my heart, that we could win the super bowl. and we went 6-10, and it felt like 1-15. It made 2007 the absolute most painful year for me, and there have been some really painful years. At least when I believed with my heart it was easy to retionalize a bad season. But having actually believed on an intellectual level that we were Super Bowl bound and not make the playoffs? Man that was really hard.

I think we have a great team this year. I'm excited to see what comes. But I don't think I will ever convince myself before the season even starts that we are headed for the Super Bowl. Just don't know if I can go through the pain of last year again. The day it became official we were knocked out of the playoffs, man I couldn't watch ESPN, listen to Sirius NFL, anything for weeks. I barely even watched the post season. I did watch the super bowl, but not really any of the other games. Truth be told, it took me until the combine until I could actually be excited about football. I couldn't even come to this site really. I think I looked at it twice between when we were eliminated and the draft. I'm not doing that to myself again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom