Let's just put an end to this Taysom Hill nonsense right now (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Red meat for the Taysom isn't a QB contingent (aka Teddy is a QB contingent)

"You typically need more than a handful plays to form an opinion on a quarterback, but I don’t know if that’s even true for Hill. He just doesn’t look like an NFL-caliber passer. He plays with no sense of timing or rhythm. "

The author is an ardent Teddy booster so you may want to shake a little salt of this .

That severely underthrown ball to Harris in the playoff game should prove that Hill is not an adequate passer

That and he holds the ball way too long

So one pass = not adequate? I guess all Qb's are inadequate then. We've seen Taysom throw a beautfiul deep ball. This is a guy who is blocking, running routes, taking on multiple defenders, then asked to throw a bomb after not throwing any passes all game, and you want to judge him off one pass?

Personally I view a Taysom led offense as a run based offense that uses a strong run game to open up the passing game. Ideally we would have a legit deep threat to throw bombs to.

It is obvious to me that both Steven Ruiz and Brian Giuffra are trying to make a name for themselves. I think Taysom Hill would be a top 5 QB in this league if given a chance. I know preseason is not anything compared to the regular season, but Taysom Hill progressed each week 3 fold per week. If given the same opportunity in the regular season, then I think he would show the same progression. No one said he is a Lamar Jackson (like Steven Ruiz mentioned), but then Lamar Jackson is no Taysom Hill.

The other thing I keep hearing about is his durability and staying healthy. They keep referencing his college days. If anyone has seen this guy play, they would know his toughness can not be questioned. Anyone on any given day can get hurt....Drew Brees, Tom Brady, etc. etc...…...but using that as an excuse not to give this guy a chance at QB is absolutely stupid.

Taysom Hill is and can be a starting QB in the NFL. His age is his only question mark. But if you can get 5-8 years of stellar play from this guy, why wouldn't you want him as your starting QB.

Personally I view a Taysom led offense as a run based offense that uses a strong run game to open up the passing game. Ideally we would have a legit deep threat to throw bombs to.

That sounds like a very limited offense.

A Teddy Bridgewater offense will be lead the same way a Drew Brees offense was lead and that's with a WC basked attack with timing and accuracy taking strategic shots down field and with players that can attack the seams of a defense with skill players with size and speed to rise over the defense at snag back shoulder throws and seam routes.

We haven't seen enough. We just don't know but I trust Sean Payton. Whoever he rolls with I'm good with it.

Beat me to it.

Either Payton is truly about to construct an entirely new offense around Taysom, or he’s setting up an elaborate smokescreen to make someone pay up, potentially setting up another move.

Whatever it is, I’m here for it.

if anything the saints are trying to gain another first round pick to move up to get a qb, whether it burrow, tua, or someone...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom