Let's just put an end to this Taysom Hill nonsense right now (1 Viewer)

That severely underthrown ball to Harris in the playoff game should prove that Hill is not an adequate passer

That and he holds the ball way too long

My cousin brought that up also (not jokingly like you did). He didn't see the guard/center getting bullrushed straight to Taysom. Dude had to avoid that to throw it. If that person held his ground, that would've been 6 points on the board.

I think Taysom Hill would be a top 5 QB in this league if given a chance.
Really?? He reminds me of a 1972 version of Bobby Douglass. He ran for 968 yards and 8 TDs. He also passed for 1246 yards with 9 TDs and 12 INTs. As a starter that year he was 4-9-1, the pinnacle of his 10-year career.

The author is correct.

He's thrown 15 passes, all from the shotgun in gimmicky type plays.

Never once under center. You realize a QB lives under center?

Probably can't read a defense effectively. Extremely questionable accuracy.

To put it in context, it's almost the equivalent of the Rams grooming their punter Johnny Hekker to take over as starting QB. Just from a pure pocket passer standpoint, notwithstanding Hill's athletic ability to run with the ball.

Then there is durability concern. Because we know Hill is gonna get happy feet way too often and try to run with the ball.

Way too many Saints fans are painting a very unrealistic picture of what to expect with Hill as quarterback.

Broncos gonna give up that 1st I know John Elway listening

To put it in context, it's almost the equivalent of the Rams grooming their punter Johnny Hekker to take over as starting QB. Just from a pure pocket passer standpoint, notwithstanding Hill's athletic ability to run with the ball.

It's absolutely nowhere near that.

Passes thrown in college: Hill 1,047.....Hekker 5

I'm convinced that if Payton was devoted to working Taysom stengths as he has been with Drew, and Teddy for that mid year stretch, it would be totally successful. Taysom is not just being on the field he is making plays at every position they put him...in limited reps!! With full time time-on-task and game planning. When rookies come in they dont have any NFL throws under their belt either.

Red meat for the Taysom isn't a QB contingent (aka Teddy is a QB contingent)

"You typically need more than a handful plays to form an opinion on a quarterback, but I don’t know if that’s even true for Hill. He just doesn’t look like an NFL-caliber passer. He plays with no sense of timing or rhythm. "

The author is an ardent Teddy booster so you may want to shake a little salt of this .

Once again, you cannot judge a QB based on a lack of experience. If that were true, all the NFL QB's would be 50 years old.

Many, many rookie QB's were STARTERS in the NFL on their first-ever NFL play. Taysom is better known than any rookie QB.

The rest of your remarks are your opinions, which are as good as any. In fact, I share some of them.

I want to get on the Taysom hype train, he is an amazing weapon but I just don't see him as the successor to Drew. I hope he proves me wrong but a soon to be 30 year old QB being thought of as our future at QB seems a little naive to me. He has made some great plays but a lot of them were not a QB....

Really?? He reminds me of a 1972 version of Bobby Douglass. He ran for 968 yards and 8 TDs. He also passed for 1246 yards with 9 TDs and 12 INTs. As a starter that year he was 4-9-1, the pinnacle of his 10-year career.

Really? Then you obviously have not watched Taysom play. Difference is, Bobby Douglas was given an opportunity to play QB, not be a jack of all trades. If Taysom had the same opportunity, I believe he would be a very successful QB. Until that happens, then all this is for nothing. If Taysom becomes a starting QB in the NFL for 16 games and puts up more rushing yards than passing or close to it, I will come back on this board and apologize. HOWEVER, if he succeeds, then you must do the same.

I highly doubt that Steven Ruiz and Brian Giuffra have ever seen Taysom Hill play. They have heard the hype and decided to make a name for themselves. They pulled up some footage of Hill and made their own judgement.

They are the ones that probably put Jamarcus Russell in the hall of fame the day he was drafted by the Oakland Raiders, thinking he was going to the greatest ever.

That severely underthrown ball to Harris in the playoff game should prove that Hill is not an adequate passer

That and he holds the ball way too long

once again that "underthrown" ball to harris was late. not underthrown. go back watch. He got pressure from the right edge, had to slide left. Missed being able to throw when harris made his break.

Now i am not saying Hill is Steve Young or that he is even a franchise QB. I'm saying find a better play to prove he isnt with.

Really? Then you obviously have not watched Taysom play. Difference is, Bobby Douglas was given an opportunity to play QB, not be a jack of all trades. If Taysom had the same opportunity, I believe he would be a very successful QB. Until that happens, then all this is for nothing. If Taysom becomes a starting QB in the NFL for 16 games and puts up more rushing yards than passing or close to it, I will come back on this board and apologize. HOWEVER, if he succeeds, then you must do the same.
The deal depends on what we agree constitutes as success.

How about top 15 in passing yards, which this year would be at least 3700 yards (rounding off). And a passer rating of at least 90, which is very close to the 15th spot as well.

Kyler Murray put up 3722 yards as a rookie and finished at the 15th spot in passing yards. His passer rating ranked 21st at 87.4.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom