Let's just put an end to this Taysom Hill nonsense right now (1 Viewer)

Yes but when the ball was thrown the play is still developing. He had to predict where the reciever and defenders would end up. A longer ball by one too many yards is an incompletion at best. Seriously he has thrown 3 bombs that were caught in only 6 completions. That is not chump change.
It's cool, I get your point.

The market seems limited to free-agent QB's this year because so much excitement from what's available in the draft. How many teams want to have a different QB next year and won't be drafting in the first 10 position? Maybe five to seven? I think the Saints would be wise to lock up Hill at maybe a 10M/year rate for two years AND draft a QB this year or next. If he does well, pay him the 35M/year for three to five years after that. If not, not much lost and he can go back to blocking and faking punts.

LCAD is longest completed air distance. Taysom is not listed because I think they impose a minimum, pass attempt number to qualify for listing. Taysom's throw was 58 yards as I recall. The list is sorted by LCAD.

1581557837863.png

Just FYI (for the sake of complete accuracy), Taysom's pass to Harris traveled 54.7 yards.

Which is still good considering he doesn't have the same level of experience as the guys on this list. For comparison, it would have been just 0.2 yards shy of Aaron Rodgers' longest pass of the year.

How does you calculus factor in yards rushing and rushing TDs? If his legs add 7 TDs and 700 yards for instance.
The discussion between CajunSaint08 and myself rested solely on Taysom's passing ability if he were given 16 games to develop an NFL passing game and accumulate stats. It had little or absolutely nothing that hinged on his rushing stats.

If he were to accumulate 3700 passing and a passer rating of at least 90... his rushing yards would be a bonus.

Similar to Russell Wilson in 2012, 2013 and in 2014. Most wanted to only acknowledge his passing yards but his total yards should have been his measure. So I agree that the same should apply to Taysom if he were given the opportunity.

And you know this how? From all the NFL snaps you've seen him take at QB?
Exactly, so why are people so certain he is? He’s caught more passes than he’s thrown in the NFL and apparently this means he’s a franchise QB. He’s a great athlete. He’s not a great QB. People honestly thinking he’s some sort of second coming of Steve Young are going to have a hard reality check.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom