Let's not become what we see in losing fan bases. The sky is not falling, but we still have to go to work. (1 Viewer)

With all the injuries I don't see how anyone can be surprised. This season has been a roller coaster to say the least, but we are no where near as bad as some of you think we are.

I agree with this. This team next year with hopefully a healthy JW and our full complement of players coming back healthy (hopefully)? I think this team is better than top 10....we will see what happens....

For those of you worried about 'losing the locker room' by benching TS, I've seen no indication on the field that this team believes TS is any kind of answer. That's just a weak argument.
I stopped being able to stomach the QB threads a week ago so maybe I missed something, but has even a single person actually suggested that the locker room might be lost if Siemian were benched???

I wish the "fans" who are so despondent would just find another team to root/complain about.
The guys who are playing are doing so with everything they can muster and this should be applauded.
All the fans who complained about the exorbitant ticket prices should take this opportunity to get a seat in the Dome and scream and yell their vocal cords out. Sean is a great coach. Mickey is prolly the best GM in the league. Gayle is a first class owner.
If you're ready quit cheering then "Sayonara."

I stopped being able to stomach the QB threads a week ago so maybe I missed something, but has even a single person actually suggested that the locker room might be lost if Siemian were benched???
Oh, most definitely. It was mentioned as recently as yesterday in one of the post game threads about TS. The argument was that players would see it as Payton 'throwing in the towel' on the season.

You guys remember a comedy sketch, where the guy has his hat blown off in the wind and he goes to pick it up, and the wind blows it just out of his reach. And this repeats it's self a few more times. This is what our season looks like to me, just when it looks like we have righted the ship, the wind blows the hat away. This season has been like that, unfortunate, but is not really indicative of our future.

We have the bones of a great team, but we need play makers. We will right the ship. Players will get healthy, and we will reload the talent. We looked a lot like this team, the year before we won the Super Bowl. What is important right now is to not panic, and just keep working. Win or lose, we want to be playing with pride at the end of the season. There is a lot to be thankful for in this season of football. This season was unfortunate, but necessary.
I followed the Saints since 1969. Last night I watched Sportscenter and realized we will never again be thought of as, “An inferior team who will never break .500”.

Both the Steelers and the Patriots are multi SB winners and close to .500 this year.

Oh, most definitely. It was mentioned as recently as yesterday in one of the post game threads about TS. The argument was that players would see it as Payton 'throwing in the towel' on the season.
Seriously?? Well, I guess you can't ever underestimate the ability for a human being to take a really bad sports take.

I honestly do not know how anyone that a Saints fan over 30 could be down. I thought we would be competitive this year and we were until our starters began getting hurt. This is a transition year and it's not playing out how we thought.
Sometimes teams lose, and have bad years. Being a fan isn’t about always expecting to win. It’s about enjoying watching your team play. We’re beat the eff up, it happens. No reason to act defeated and give up or anything like that. Besides, we knew that post Drew we would have some work to do to get back to form. You don’t lose a literal once in a lifetime player and just keep rolling. It is what it is… WHO DAT!

I'm with you on this being a transition year with a caveat below. And, I'm no newcomer. I have been a Saints fan since 1977 (basically as far back as I can remember). I'm 51 now. I've seen it all as a Saints fan.

All of this is why I'm not supportive of the Saints continuing to trot out a QB with zero upside for the rest of the year. It makes no sense. This team is not going to the postseason this year and certainly not with TS, so play a QB with some potential upside and take your lumps. You have to see what you have and now is the time to do it.

For those of you worried about 'losing the locker room' by benching TS, I've seen no indication on the field that this team believes TS is any kind of answer. That's just a weak argument.
I get where you're coming from, but since we're still in the playoff mix, though we're all being realistic at this point, Payton isn't going to forfeit the season because he doesn't think we're good enough. As long as we're in it, he's going to do what he feels gives us the best chance to win. Obviously that part is debatable, but I assure you that Payton won't make any decisions that he would typically only make if we were statistically eliminated. If he makes a QB change, which he could, he would truly believe we have a better chance with another QB. If he sticks with Trevor, it's because he believes he still gives us the best chance. When we are officially eliminated, we might try Book. But until then, we're in it to win it.

With all the injuries I don't see how anyone can be surprised. This season has been a roller coaster to say the least, but we are no where near as bad as some of you think we are.
We aren't that bad. We just aren't that good, though. I would say the worst part about it is that this Saints team is almost unwatchable. The offense is so bad that it's actually revolting. I've done yardwork for the past month over watching the Saints, with no regrets.

We aren't that bad. We just aren't that good, though. I would say the worst part about it is that this Saints team is almost unwatchable. The offense is so bad that it's actually revolting. I've done yardwork for the past month over watching the Saints, with no regrets.
As I said, I agree, but you simply can't ignore the injuries as being the ultimate factor.

You're not going to lose the locker room if you change QBs at this point. Pretty sure everyone on the team knows the deal w/ injury riddled seasons like this. sheet outside of your control happens sometimes...just suck it up and get healed up and ready for next year. We had a good 4 year run at the division, we can be right at it again next year.

The remaining schedule is very favorable. 5-2 is extremely possible.
Bills
Cowboys
Jets
Bucs
Dolphins
Panthers
Falcons

I only see two probable wins, the Jets and Dolphins. The next easiest two are the Panthers and Falcons and they already beat the Saints when they still had actual NFL players on offense.

7-10 is a real possibility.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom