Let's Quit Smoking (3 Viewers)

Eat right, exercise, floss, shave with the most expensive razors, put on expensive perfume/cologne, put on lotion before bed.....take pride in your body and health and quitting smoking is easy, because you'll realize how stupid and disgusting it is to smoke.

I rarely smoked cigs, but over here it's common to mix tobacco with pot. So when I quit smoking pot the 1st time, I basically quit cigs too. The hardest thing for me was finding something to do with my hands, because I was so used to rolling joints every half hour. I found playing playstation helped keep my hands busy & took my mind off smoking.

I was a smoker for 18 years--I had 3-4 quitting attempts, one with the patches, one with wellbutrin, lozenges, and finally the electric cigarette. The only success I had, being that I haven't smoked since, is the electric cigarette. When I decided that I had to quit, I went ahead and bought 2 months supplies of the stuff, with a backup charger and atomitizer. The fact that i could puff on it at will in public, at home, at work, was enough to help me with the cravings for the real thing. After a week or two, i was happy that I was no longer doing the ritual, going to the gas station and buying the cartons.

After a month I started to realize that I really didn't need the electric stuff--my breathing, cardio, everything was improved. That alone was enough to motivate me to stop completely. Of course, i was eating more after I quit so I needed to start working out. Needless to say, excercise filled the void of idle hands and i've lost a significant amount of weight in the process, and never been happier. When you find yourself smelling better, not worrying about kissing someone because of your smokers breath, getting better sleep, not hacking up and vomiting in the winter when you get sick, giving a bad impression to your children and shortening your lifespan, it puts it into perspective and you're less likely to quit.

I've smoked since I was 20. I'm 42 now and had a major heart attack last month. I haven't smoked since flat-lining on a concrete floor 3 or 4 times. I still think about it, but never again. Good luck to those quitting!

She's pretty Hot for 50 :mwink:

How's her feet look? :mwink:
----------------------------
Seriously to Dawn and all others trying to quit, you have my full support. My father's death was caused by smoking, and my mother-in-law's death was caused by smoking. And now my youngest son smokes and I try not to lecture and nag, but I worry about his future health problems.

Sounds to me like you need to get pregnant.

I won't actually red-thumb you for that, but I've red-thumbed you 20 times in my mind.

Keeps you busy and helps with the oral fixation (giggity).

I wondered how long it would take... :hihi:

Every time I craved a smoke I would tell myself I'd go get a pack in half an hour if I still wanted one. I never had to make that trip. I still say that to myself today on those rare occasions I get a craving.

I've read that the usual nicotine craving will pass in 10-15 minutes if not indulged. Your trick was a good one!

Had tried to quit a couple of times before it stuck. I got angry that I kept failing ("Anger is a gift" - RATM). No way this useless chemical was going to own me like that. I'll be damned if I'm going to put cancer and emphysema on layaway to pay for some tobacco executive's yacht. All it took was a couple of weeks of true focus, and it was done. Have never had another one, and never will.

I'm gonna borrow that image of the tobacco exec's yacht.

Eat right, exercise, floss, shave with the most expensive razors, put on expensive perfume/cologne, put on lotion before bed.....take pride in your body and health and quitting smoking is easy, because you'll realize how stupid and disgusting it is to smoke.

I like this way of thinking too!

I was a smoker for 18 years--I had 3-4 quitting attempts, one with the patches, one with wellbutrin, lozenges, and finally the electric cigarette. The only success I had, being that I haven't smoked since, is the electric cigarette. When I decided that I had to quit, I went ahead and bought 2 months supplies of the stuff, with a backup charger and atomitizer. The fact that i could puff on it at will in public, at home, at work, was enough to help me with the cravings for the real thing. After a week or two, i was happy that I was no longer doing the ritual, going to the gas station and buying the cartons.

After a month I started to realize that I really didn't need the electric stuff--my breathing, cardio, everything was improved. That alone was enough to motivate me to stop completely. Of course, i was eating more after I quit so I needed to start working out. Needless to say, excercise filled the void of idle hands and i've lost a significant amount of weight in the process, and never been happier. When you find yourself smelling better, not worrying about kissing someone because of your smokers breath, getting better sleep, not hacking up and vomiting in the winter when you get sick, giving a bad impression to your children and shortening your lifespan, it puts it into perspective and you're less likely to quit.

Good. I hope the e-cig will be a good tool for me too. Plus I already have it and plenty of cartridges, so no delay in implementation.

I've smoked since I was 20. I'm 42 now and had a major heart attack last month. I haven't smoked since flat-lining on a concrete floor 3 or 4 times. I still think about it, but never again. Good luck to those quitting!

Sorry you had a heart attack! Glad you're alive!

I quit cold turkey.

Of course, that's because I literally died in the ambulance on the way to the hospital from massive coronary arrest (partly caused by smoking) I spent a week in Cardiac Care, had three stents put in my heart, and spent around $56,000.

Quitting is easy.

Does anybody need any more incentive?

I quit cold turkey.

Of course, that's because I literally died in the ambulance on the way to the hospital from massive coronary arrest (partly caused by smoking) I spent a week in Cardiac Care, had three stents put in my heart, and spent around $56,000.

Quitting is easy.

Does anybody need any more incentive?

How is that an incentive? I don't even know you.

Consider the largest downside of a lung transplant: The first six loogies are somebody else's.

Now that's an incentive.:hihi:

I quit on the 5th of july.Got a really nasty cold with really high fever that lasted 3 days.I was so sick I couldnt smoke.The fever blocked my mind of how bad I wanted a smoke so as I got over the cold I just decided to not start again.

So I guess I'm about 6 weeks in now and I still have urges occasionally,but honestly,it really aint that bad.Good luck to all that try.I hope you can make it.

what about the gum?

I like nicotine (a lot) and I think its the
smoke that is most dangerous. I need to
quit cigarettes so that I my lungs dont hurt
so bad when I smoke kill bud.

Congrats on surviving. :9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom