Let's Quit Smoking (2 Viewers)

I know you have to want to quit. I have asked my husband to stop countless times. But really it's finally come down to his smoking versus my health. It's been a year since my Dad died and I have been doing everything I can possibly do since then to maintain/improve my health. Dad gave up cigars cold turkey after about 40 years or so. I have no idea how he did it, but never was there a man more set in his ways and he managed it.

For those who did it cold turkey, do you have any tips for my husband? I can't see him doing it the e-cig way. Maybe ultimatums don't work but he's not smoking around me anymore.

I hate to be cliche Marsha but yes the person has to want to quit. I obviously didnt do it cold turkey but maybe talk to him about the e-cig. I can honestly say If I can quit smoking any one can because I truely loved smoking even knowing the risks I still didnt want to quit. Hell me and the wife when planning our vacations based it off smoking. I used the the e-cig and then slowly started lowering the nicotine level in it. I can happily say today I ahavent had an real smoke in 23 days and havent used an e-cig in 3 days. BTW my wife stil smokes so I kinda know what you mean though not as much.

My wife has switched to vaping. It's been pretty awesome for the rest of the nonsmokers in the household. She never took to those little e-cigs, but we bought a decent vaping rig and its worked great. It doesn't even smell bad at all.

One is a noun, and one is a verb?

Prolonged use can increase the risk of Tuberculosis.
The upside is, it's much easier to kick the vaping as opposed to the real thing.

question for my fellow ex-smokers. When do these craving really go away. I mean I've always heard people still have a craving after years of not smoking but damn I still really want one. It will be a month Sat and even a week now since I last used the e-cig but the damn craving are still there. Hell I even dreamed of one the other night. (oddly in the dream I still didn't smoke one but did take one out the pack and inhaled the scent of it) But it seems like I just spend all day occupying myself so I don't go have one.

Hang in there, BobE. I don't know exactly when my husband's cravings went away. Honestly, I think they may just dwindle down.

You're doing great! Just think of each day, each hour smoke free as a victory.

Hang in there, BobE. I don't know exactly when my husband's cravings went away. Honestly, I think they may just dwindle down.

You're doing great! Just think of each day, each hour smoke free as a victory.
Right on!

It's just a little roller coaster ride. Hang on, you're doing great!

To answer the question, I can't really remember anymore. A couple of months maybe?
I remember talking with my wife about it and we were missing the habit as much as the nicotine.
It made two years in May since a real cig and Jan 1st this year since the E-cig. I don't remember the last time I craved one.

i went back to smoking for about a month and now i am off again

i went and picked up a e-cig kit from Vapors Inn in Metry...much better than the stuff i tried from Greensmoke...

Well I caved in some. Still no real cigs yet but did stop by the vapor store yesterday and got some nocotine free juice for when im on the edge.

Also finally the wife has stopped smoking too,24 hours now, and only using the ecig.

I started vaping Sat. I have been dipping for many years now. Even when I had my heart attack, and being in the hospital for 6 days I took a dip on the way home. Since Sat I have had a can last me now for 2 days. I usually go through a can and a half in 1 day.

I started vaping Sat. I have been dipping for many years now. Even when I had my heart attack, and being in the hospital for 6 days I took a dip on the way home. Since Sat I have had a can last me now for 2 days. I usually go through a can and a half in 1 day.

keep it up brother. I would advise getting rid of the can and vaping only.

after having a wonderful convo with the wife with us raising our voices I get why people start smoking again.

Nice to keep a couple of different strength juices around for such occasions.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom