Let's Quit Smoking (3 Viewers)

S4L,

You are at the point now where you don't need to recall anything about cigarettes ever again. Smoking now shoukd be like getting stabbed. Something that would just have to happen to you, but, not something that you would do to yourself.

Live life bro....you good. Unless someone stab a cig in your mouth.:hihi:
I hear you. Still makes me feel good every time a year passes.

ive been alcohol free for the last 3 years minus 1 day. Ive been cutting back on cigarettes for the past week and yesterday was my last one. my mom is dying of liver cancer and it made me think about being here longer for my daughter. so yeah.... the gum sucks but it actually works. I may cheat but as of now its not too terrible. if I lived in Colorado I would just munch some edibles to forget the cigarette cravings but alas, I live here.

I've not had one since last year. Never was a big smoker, but found I did it more than I should. Anyway, I had some imaging done and they found suspicious masses. Because of smoking history it was a tense time.

It scared me into quitting cold turkey. I'm not even mad about it though.

ive been alcohol free for the last 3 years minus 1 day. Ive been cutting back on cigarettes for the past week and yesterday was my last one. my mom is dying of liver cancer and it made me think about being here longer for my daughter. so yeah.... the gum sucks but it actually works. I may cheat but as of now its not too terrible. if I lived in Colorado I would just munch some edibles to forget the cigarette cravings but alas, I live here.

My advice, dont cheat. One leads to two leads to relapse. Just be done with it.

I've not had one since last year. Never was a big smoker, but found I did it more than I should. Anyway, I had some imaging done and they found suspicious masses. Because of smoking history it was a tense time.

It scared me into quitting cold turkey. I'm not even mad about it though.
When I was in theatre grad school at UNO I had the hardest time figuring out what the engine of the place was (who did what why/when??) I taught at Tulane so had to run right after classes to get uptown
One day Tulane didn’t have classes so I hung out at UNO and found out that it was the smokers hanging out on the loading dock who were the school’s engine

Fast forward to today and I think there may be one teacher here who smokes - and from what I’ve seen at other schools, it seems like faculty/staff are supposed to smoke away from sight lines of th school

Interesting how quickly social behavior changed

Sorry to hear about your mother. I lost mine in April. Dementia.

Smoked for 22 years. Quit almost four years ago. Health went to crap. Was healthy as could be while smoking. I’d encourage you not to quit. Didn’t have the desired effect for me. ?

A bump for this thread. With everything going on, I forgot to post last month. March 21, 2020 was my 10 year anniversary for quitting smoking. For all those trying, keep up the work, it is worth it. If you need help, keep trying the patches, the gum, vaping, or in my case Chantix, (or one of the other drugs.) or a combination of some of these if it is safe. One method may not work for you while another may work perfectly.

I never did start smoking, so I have that going for me. :hihi:

And I watched my parents try to stop smoking. The damn near killed each other, lol. Both have been smoke and alcohol free for 30+ years, so the drama was worth it. Heh.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom