Let's start it up - the SR.com NBA thread (1 Viewer)

Loose Cannon

Tangibles
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Utah is 9-1 :interrogations:

Mavs have won 7 in a row. Rumors of their early demise were greatly exaggerated. Can't wait to thrash them in the playoffs.

Spurs 9-2 and we look real good. And remember, we usually peak in the second half of the season. Right now we're still trying to figure out where the pieces fit, particularly our center position. Right now we're getting good production out of the rotation of Elson and Oberto.

Duncan is playing like he's 25 again. He's finally healthy and on a full summer of rest (as opposed to practicing on Team USA). Averaging 23 pts, 12 boards, 3 assists, and 2 blocks per game, in just 35 minutes. All of that while he's not even really trying to dominate games, but instead get his teammates involved and let the Spurs gel as an 11 man team instead of a one man team ala Cleveland, the Lakers, and even Miami.

Tim Duncan is the best basketball player on the planet, and it's really not even close.

The rest of the league is on notice. This is the year of Duncan.

sainTS

Reaction score
Duncan is great, but unfortunately is not flashy and has a tendency to make me want to sleep. Sorry Duncan, not enough flavor.

Sandman

Trustworthy
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I can't remember the last time I actually sat down and watched an entire game of pro basketball. It use to be my favorite sport to watch. Now, I think it is kind of boring.

I still like to watch college basketball, however.

SaintJ

hard, pipe-hittin'
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the Celtics ripped off three wins in a row, postponing the much-needed firing of Doc Rivers.

Now, back to the discussion of the actual NBA.

domedog316

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I am hoping that once Gasol gets back the Grizz will catch fire.......we have two young guys in Kyle Lowry and Rudy Gay (snicker ) who are really going to be good for a long time.......we need a center though......Tsakalidas just isn't gonna get it done for us......

We did pick up Stromile Swift for a second tour of duty and have Damon Stoudamire and Mike Miller......along with Eddie Jones......lots of talent just not sure what the coaching is gonna look like......Fratello's style doesn't fit the talent....

Oh....and Geaux Hornets too! I don't get to see them much but I hear they reppin' New Orleans!

Taceo

Saintastic
Reaction score
Chris Paul will be making his first of many trips to the All-Star game this year. His dimes are a thing of beauty.

killah

Very Bland
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The Eastern Conference looks weak, again, Orlando is getting some positive minutes from Grant Hill. The Southwest division is one of the hardest I can ever remember in the league. Every team there can go the playoffs. What is up with the Suns? Hornets play them tonight.

ianm892

All-Pro
Reaction score
chris paul will have the hornets in the playoffs he's already one of the best pure point guards in the nba instead of scoring 50 he'll have 15 assist he's one of those players that make the players around him better example david west...in a few years the hornets will be contending at the top of the nba for maybe a title

St. David

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Hornets need to trade for a SG even if its for one year type guy like Eric Snow. or a defensive stopper like Quinton Ross. are my favorite trade a #1 pick and Mason for Chris Duhon and play a combo of Bobby Jackson, Chris Paul and Duhon at the two Guard spots.

Reaction score
/shadesoflc

Lakers are 8-3. It's not surprising either. Looks like Bynum is coming into his own. He hit the weights over the summer. Kobe is playing unselfishly and it's showing on the box score.

Kobe Bean Bryant is the greatest player in the league right now. It's not even close. He's playing at 80% right now.

The rest of the league is on notice. This is the year of the Bryant.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Alvin Kamara continues hot start to season Saints RSS News Feeds 0
The reason we start so slow Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 7
Inside Drew Brees' slow start: A lack of aggressive throws from Saints QB, not arm strength Saints RSS News Feeds 0
CSC’s Fantasy Start/Sit: Packers vs. Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Saints not worried about Emmanuel Sanders' slow start: 'His touches are going to come' SR News Page Articles 0
Emmanuel Sanders is off to a slow start, but Saints are 'very confident in his ability' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Early-season NFL QB awards: Best start, most improved, most nimble, more Saints RSS News Feeds 0
This is How Sean Payton's Teams Start - Unexplainable No Show Losses- In Great Seasons Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 26
After fast start, Saints stumble in humbling loss to Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Update: Cantrell allows High School Football to start with some fans @ games. Still no word on Saints Games Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 9
Saint Kamara After a slow start to his career, Lutz has become a Justin Tucker clone Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 11
[Cowboys vs. Falcons] Cowgirls just handing the game to the Falcons from the start Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 51
CSC’s Fantasy Start/Sit: Saints vs. Raiders, what to do with Emmanuel Sanders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints 17 Packers 13: 2nd half game thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints vs. Packers: Sunday Night Football open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
saintsfan777 Analysis ***Official Packers @ Saints Game Day Thread*** Gameday Board 2133
Week 3 late games open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Week 3 early games open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Taker597 Official 2021 Quarterback Draft Class and In Season Scouting Thread Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 56
17 all: Saints at Raiders 2nd half game thread Saints RSS News Feeds 1
Saints vs. Raiders: Monday Night Football open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
jasonsw This Thread is dedicated to Raiderjoe and Drumsky Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 0
Bill Analysis ***Official Saints @ Raiders Game Day Thread*** Gameday Board 2495
Patriots vs. Seahawks: Sunday Night Football open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
English N/S SNF : New England at Seattle game thread Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 229
Bill Humor ***The Official Atlanta Falcons MEME Thread*** Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 72
Week 2 late games open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Week 2 early games open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Bengals vs. Browns: Thursday Night Football open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Bill N/S ***Burrow's Bengals vs Mayfield's Browns Game Thread*** Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 307