Let's start it up - the SR.com NBA thread (1 Viewer)

/shadesoflc

Lakers are 8-3. It's not surprising either. Looks like Bynum is coming into his own. He hit the weights over the summer. Kobe is playing unselfishly and it's showing on the box score.

Kobe Bean Bryant is the greatest player in the league right now. It's not even close. He's playing at 80% right now.

The rest of the league is on notice. This is the year of the Bryant.

This is the year of the Bryant.

bunch.gif

The Hornets are playing a great preseason. Too bad it all doesn't matter until next year. But they will be great come next year.

And yes, the Hornets will play all playoff games in OKC. :pain30:

I think.

Hornets need to trade for a SG even if its for one year type guy like Eric Snow. or a defensive stopper like Quinton Ross. are my favorite trade a #1 pick and Mason for Chris Duhon and play a combo of Bobby Jackson, Chris Paul and Duhon at the two Guard spots.
I wish we would have someone at SG besides Mason, but trading a #1 pick by itself for Duhon would be a terrible move. I like Duhon, but there is no way he is worth a #1. You build good teams through the draft and their low salary helps balance the team's salary cap. We already have 2 really good PGs(Paul & Jackson) and a good #3 PG(Pargo) who could be a #2 PG for some teams. Mason and Mark Jackson come off the books after this season. That will free up some room so we can go after a legitimate SG in the offseason.

Well, the SG spot is a little odd since Peja is our SG while on O and Mase is our SG while on D.

I like the combo that the two have and think that they enhance eachothers play since one is great at shooting and the other is better at D.

With a shooter in DX, I think that works out fine....

That's just me, though.

i agree thats a good move after this season...but maybe we should trade one of the point guards and a 2nd round pick for a solid last year contract sg then sign one next year with the cap space

I love the way Paul plays the game.
They are two very different players, but I believe the Hornets getting Paul is the equivalent of the Spurs getting Duncan. They are both great team players, they can lead a team and make the players around them better, and they are both future Hall of Famers. The Spurs will have an excellent year and the Hornets will also, but it would be great to see the Hornets upset the Spurs in the playoffs.

i agree thats a good move after this season...but maybe we should trade one of the point guards and a 2nd round pick for a solid last year contract sg then sign one next year with the cap space
I think the Hornets have recently shown that if there is a good trade in front of them that they are not afraid to pull the trigger. The question is will there be a good SG available before the trade deadline that we don't have to give up too much for.

I think the Hornets have recently shown that if there is a good trade in front of them that they are not afraid to pull the trigger. The question is will there be a good SG available before the trade deadline that we don't have to give up too much for.

i hope we get one at least to hold us down for this year i liked jr smith he has a ton of potential but him and byron scott could never get along

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom