Let's take a breath: WWL News from 1994 Saints vs Falcons (1 Viewer)

Jim Everett was pretty good for Saints. The down fall is that he came along when Saints dismantle the Dome Patrol.

Irv Smith catching a TD there.
His son was in the dome playing for the Vikings Sunday.
Everett had a cannon of an arm.

Those endzones! I miss having those endzones. Much better than what we have now. Also, those uniforms are so much better than black on black.

Yep its the offseason....

Irv Smith catching a TD there.
His son was in the dome playing for the Vikings Sunday.
Everett had a cannon of an arm.

Everett had a big time Arm and he threw a great deep ball. He had a run there were he was a really good QB. One of the top 5 active QB’ s in the NFL for a stretch.

Makes me appreciate Drew even more. Think about it. Drew is a really good athlete. He does not get enough credit for his athletic abilities because he does not run much if at all. Probably why his career and playing abilities have lasted so long.

Makes me wonder if you gave him an extra 2-3 inches and an arm like Everett, what would his stats look like. Probably 200,000 yards and 1200 TD. Obviously joking, but I think he would have higher stats (which is crazy to think about), and the GOAT would probably be recognized as the GOAT by the rest of the world because he would better fit their idea of an NFL QB.

Hopefully this brings back some fond memories for all you other old-timers like me:

(If it doesn't automatically start at the Saints recap, go to 18:35)

A few things that caught my attention:

(1) If the Falcons don't return back to those uniforms, I'll riot. That uniform matchup in the clip (and on thanksgiving) should be the norm again. Classic.

(2) Irv Smith? Didn't know he was former Alabama and current Vikings TE Irv Smith Jr.'s kid. Full circle.

(3) Was hardly alive when this game happened. Unbelievable that these games have always been nail-bitters.

(4) Falcons blew a 17-0 lead. forking classic.

For the old-timers, how long has Falcons-Saints been such a big rivalry? I remember the 2002 Mike Vick breakout season when Joe Horn mouthed off before the game in Atlanta calling it, "not a rivalry," and it may have been one of the more raucous crowds at the Georgia Dome I've seen for a regular-season game. For whatever reason, seems like things have been ratched up a bit since 2006 since both teams became actually competitive. Would enjoy some oral history from the other side.

It was week 1 of the 84 Season. Home Opener vs Falcons. I believe it was mid to late 4th and the Saints were driving for the winning score and I think it was Wayne Wilson who fumbled on the Falcons 2 or 3 yrd. We were sitting right there in the front row of the end zone. I kicked the wall in front of so hard it made a loud noise. I was 11.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom