Let's talk about Kamara's injury and the management thereof (1 Viewer)

No where does this say he played through a high ankle sprain. She could be referring to anything. Mental health issues, mom dying, dog getting stolen, fiance getting siagnosed with cancer. She just says SHE knows what he played through, doesn’t say that Dan in Lafayette knows.

Wait you don't believe that he actually had a high ankle sprain, despite the Saints saying that he had a high ankle sprain?

Wait you don't believe that he actually had a high ankle sprain, despite the Saints saying that he had a high ankle sprain?
I believe he had one when he missed 2 games in the middle of the season. But you don’t believe SP when he says at the post season presser that their was no injury effecting him at the end of the season? Not saying its not possible, just saying THAT tweet doesn’t proof that it couldn’t have been something else on his mind at the end after his ankle was healed.

I believe he had one when he missed 2 games in the middle of the season. But you don’t believe SP when he says at the post season presser that their was no injury effecting him at the end of the season?

You're asking if I think the coach who orchestrated an elaborate scheme to cover up a bounty program for two years and reached an out-of-court settlement around him stealing Vicodin is capable of lying?

THIS IS WHAT KILLED US MORE THAN ANYTHING

We have read countless threads stating reasons for the Min loss, but this is number one hands down. We were one dimensional from the first snap through the fourth quarter posing no threat or even enough to keep the defense honest. You cannot play any team in the post season like that, none. The reason the O line blocked so poorly was that Zimm fearing no run game was able to unleash the dogs all day, all game. One of the dumbest coaching decisions I have ever seen to put a crippled man on the field when you have a fully healthy bruiser chomping at the bit to get in the game, Payton has one hard head. One of the easiest post season games Zimm will ever have in his career. Any time an elite defense isn't respecting a run game at all and has only one WR to bracket and defend you get games like this.

In his defense I did purchase his jersey in week 5...

The drop off was huge in the fact that he could not break tackles at all. And I love me some Kamara but it was very evident that first contact he was going down. He would get a pass catch out of the backfield just needing to break one tackle for big gains and constantly went down. It was frustrating. He obviously had to be hurt it didn’t make any sense.

Kamara wanting front row and Payton giving him every chance are understandable. If Kamara is traded, I’ll keep my opinion.

When it comes to running the football, I just don't get SP. Murray showed serious potential when AK was out but apparently Sean thinks the offense is better when AK is out there.
I like to also mention that Zach Line was out a lot of games down the stretch even the playoffs. With Ingram last year and Murray this year Line was in a lot when we ran the ball with Murray.

People over look this when talking about why didn't we run the ball more.

Yeah, you bring up a great point here. It could be that the injury was never going to get better without surgery, and they just delayed it until the offseason and got what they could out of Kamara.

If that's the case, I'd be really interested to hear the opinion of any medical professionals on the board. It seems to me like playing a player with an injury that needs surgery would be putting his longer-term career in danger. And I believe (and hope) that the Saints are above doing that. But I'm not a rocket doctor.

I guess if we hear that he had a major surgery, it'll lend credence to the theory. However, I've never heard that with an ankle sprain.
The player has final say on if he can return to play. He has full right to seek outside medical advice and to follow whichever advice he chooses.

Kamara wanting front row and Payton giving him every chance are understandable. If Kamara is traded, I’ll keep my opinion.

Trading Kamara the off season would be a bigger shock than the Graham trade. I just don't see it happening unless he comes out and demands a trade or an unrealistic contract extension.

The player has final say on if he can return to play. He has full right to seek outside medical advice and to follow whichever advice he chooses.

Players always want to play. That doesn't make it any less the medical staff's job to make sure they are making decisions that are in the best interest of the individuals on the team. I'm not fully to the point of believing the Saints did something negligent, but saying "the players choose whether they play" isn't really relevant to anything.

Playing football is the players' job.

Player safety is the league, the organization, and the medical staffs' job.

Trading Kamara the off season would be a bigger shock than the Graham trade. I just don't see it happening unless he comes out and demands a trade or an unrealistic contract extension.
Ingram wanted $8mm from Saints but signed elsewhere for similar $$$ Saints offered. Vaccaro made a similar demand. This kid is easily influenced in my opinion. If he maintains demands, he is gone. JMO

My question is if Payton knew he was hurt then why wasn't he used as a decoy more often? Payton made a concerted effort to get him the ball, including on critical downs. A lot of the plays were dump off or screen passes where Kamara would have to break a tackle.

Three observations/theories, but I'll admit, they mostly came with Beer..

1. Kamara was still somewhat hurt.
2. Teams more effectively game planned to take him away. They sold out to take him out.
3. For some reason, it seemed like we stopped using him in other positions, and kept him mostly in the backfield. So the passing game transitioned to a typical out of the backfield model, vs splitting him wide, wheel routes, etc. This is where the beer goggles may alter reality.

All I know is, LM was passing the eye test and AK was not, this happened A LOT of the time and we continued to ignore LM. Absolutely infuriating.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom