Let's talk about the Browns...Watched them yesterday (1 Viewer)

This is probably the closest Cleveland will get for a win. We're just the type of team who underachieves and plays down to teams we're supposed to blow out.

Yes, the best chance Cleveland has for a win is...(checks notes)...the Saints in the Superdome.

Come on man. I know you are disappointed with Sunday's loss, but this is nowhere close to the best situation on Cleveland's schedule.

Yes, the best chance Cleveland has for a win is...(checks notes)...the Saints in the Superdome.

Come on man. I know you are disappointed with Sunday's loss, but this is nowhere close to the best situation on Cleveland's schedule.

A defense that made a career backup QB have the best game of his career is a much better chance than a defense that got 4 interceptions off Matthew Stafford this past week.

I don't want to lose to the Browns but I won't be surprised if it does happen. We've seen this before in 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2016. If the defense is as bad as it was vs Tampa, nothing will surprise me.

Fitzpatrick isn’t some half-arse backup qb. The guy is one of the best backup qbs because he has tons of game experience. He has 120 starts and 177 tds for his career. If this was Chase Daniels, AJ McCarron, or some other backup than sure, that would be something to be upset about, but Fitzpatrick was Fitzmagic back when he was playing for the Bills.

If you want to know how bad yesterday was...we're legitimately discussing what we need to do in order to beat the BROWNS...at HOME.

I know it's the NFL, but this team is 1-31-1 in the last 2 years, plus week 1. We don't belong anywhere near the playoffs if we struggle to win this one.
So you don't think the Steelers need anywhere near the playoffs this year?

A defense that made a career backup QB have the best game of his career is a much better chance than a defense that got 4 interceptions off Matthew Stafford this past week.

I don't want to lose to the Browns but I won't be surprised if it does happen. We've seen this before in 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2016. If the defense is as bad as it was vs Tampa, nothing will surprise me.

I just feel like we did all this last year. At least let the season play out a few weeks before going down this road.

It seems to me, ever since our Super Bowl year whenever we play rookie or backup QBs they have CAREER games against us.

Yesterday Tampa scored on EVERY possession except, the one punt, the missed FG, and victory formation. They even scored on one of our possessions.

The thing is, being a Saints fan this wasn't surprising. I felt our runningback was gonna fumble before he did because that's how we are at times. I KNEW MT was gonna fumble because he was carrying the ball like a loaf of bread AWAY from his body fighting for more yards and that's how we are at times.

Until our defense shows up, I saw nothing to make believe we could stop a Tim Tebow lead offense. If it's 3rd down, they will either convert it by running it, completing a pass to a wide open receiver OR we will be penalized for defensive holding, PI, illegal use of hands to the face, or roughing the passer.

We were at home, all of the costly penalties were against us. It seems like every penalty gave them 1st downs and none gave us 1sts. It felt very lopsided. And YET we lost by only 1 score. But we've seen this movie fitty-elebm times. Our offense has to be PERFECT in order to win, with this porous defense.

Fitz could wear his same uniform next week as this week because it's cleaner than a pack of unopened fresh t-shirts. He had the cleanest pocket I have EVER seen. It was like they were running 7-on-7 drills and he was wearing a red shirt.

The defense was pathetic. And until I see otherwise I will have zero expectation that they will be any different.

I was watching other defenses yesterday like a man who has a flat chested no shape having girlfriend with a horrible attitude and doesn't cook or clean and prudish about sex would watch someone with a beautiful voluptuous girlfriend with a wonderful attitude who cooks and cleans and loves fulfilling her man's sexual fantasies.

Until things change, my expectations are zero for this defense.

Great post. However it’s been happening since way before our super bowl win. (Your first point)

I have to disagree with your posts. I have watched almost every browns game for the past 5 years and can tell you that the browns have been really bad for the past 4 years but laat year you could see a marked improvement in their overall performance. They just had a really bad qb that couldnt hit water if he fell out of a boat. His name is deshaun kizer and if you are not familiar with him but watched the green bay chicago game last night he was the hot garbage that came in as rodgers replacement qb. Tyrod is a much better qb than kizer is, and i think just because you watched a game that was played in a monsoon yesterday with winds gusting to 40 mph is an accurate definition of how good or bad the Browns truly are is an inaccurate assumption. We are going to get a completly different team this Sunday in the dome where the weather and field is not a factor. I also disagree with your statement that our ol is excellent. I saw drew having to consistently scramble in the pocket to buy time for the recievers to get open. I think the browns defensive line is going to cause us some serious headaches Sunday. In addition to that I am worried with how poorly our entire defense played yesterday if thats the same defense that shows up this Sunday. Then Tyrod is going to have similar success that fitzpatrick had. I hope we get our defense turned around because even though the browns tied the steelers yesterday that was a moral victory for them and gave the whole team a little bit of confidence and swagger and that can make a team very dangerous ala the Saints defense last year
Plus Garrett. And GW. I hope Drew is ready for that. I hope our tackles are ready for that.

Plus Garrett. And GW. I hope Drew is ready for that. I hope our tackles are ready for that.

Armstead has a knee and Peat has an ankle...

Thought Peat had a quad?

Oh well... our OL has pretty much held up against everybody with whoever we've had to line up. It gets the benefit of the doubt until it don't.

Yeah, that’s about all I can do. I mean, Lattimore, Jordan, et al, can’t have forgotten how to play, right? I keep telling myself that maybe Dennis Allen was just totally unprepared for Tampa’s new OC (I forget his name) and got his lunch ate. We have to be better than we showed yesterday. We just have to be. But it’s tough to believe right now. Hopefully, your observations about Cleveland come to fruition next week and we (fans and the team) can begging to get some confidence and swagger back. I want some Boonk Gang photos, dammit!
I know you mean playing with fun, enthusiasm and authority when you say "bring back the Book gang photos", so I get it, but it is the last thing I want to see...that is a culture of arrogance, over confidence and breeds lack of preparations (see tampa). I am not saying not to go out and have some fun and enjoy it, but, dag nab it, do your job...go back to the huddle and do it again...they seem like they are more excited to do their celebrations than just doing their job...grrrrr

i still remember that fake punt they did to us smh
They were a big underdog. They played like they had nothing to lose and pulled out all the stops. Add in Fujita knowing our offense and us not changing it up. It was like they were in our huddle, because essentially, they were. I sure hope we're preparing well for this one.

Dont think this will be a trap game - EVERYONE on D will be itching to show last week was a fluke

Rewatched the Browns game, and they really couldnt move the ball on offense, almost at all

1 TD was due to a fumble by Steelers that was run back to the goalline.

1 TD was 2 series after another fumble, they had the ball at the 50yard line, and Taylor made 2 big gain throws.

As mentioned Steelers also threw a few interceptions

I think UNLESS our D has FUNDAMENTALLY regressed, we should be OK on this one. If we can hold opponents to 21 points or less I think our O wins most games, esp at home

1) Turnovers killed Pittsburgh. Not just a few but 6 (SIX) turnovers. Had Big Ben simply taken a few sacks instead of committing some pretty avoidable fumbles and bad INTs, they'd of won that game easily. He looked like a guy headed for retirement. Despite that, the Steelers STILL had a 2 TD lead late in the 4th before blowing it with yet another Roethlisberger fumble.

Or we may turn it over 5 times and lose.

Here is an awesome stat I heard this morning. Since the Browns returned to the NFL, teams with a turnover margin of +5 or better in a game are 132-4-1. The Browns are responsible for 2 of those losses and the tie. So whereas when you play anyone else, you have to be +1 or better to improve your chance of winning to above 50%, when you play the Browns, you only have to be -4 or better to have a better than 50% chance of winning.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom