Lets Talk About The Fridge That is Our Offense (1 Viewer)

CowtownSaint

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Lets talk about it. The Fact of the Matter is this:

We have put blame on every possible person the last Month or so. There has undoubtedly been some horrific Plays on O and D.

A good amount fixable, a good amount bad, but in reality based on who we have, it is what it is.

Lets talk Payton and how these games have gone.

I used this analogy for a reason. particularly regarding our O. Imagine opening your fridge, there isnt much there, you are hungry, but you have limited options on how you combine what you have in order to create something edible. Its the same thing here for our Boys, we are trying to do our best with a limited Fridge. Sometimes what we scheme up in terms of a recipe isnt all that desirable, but its trying to create something the best you can given the ingredients that are at hand.

We need to understand that our fridge is bare, and that its going to take a whole heck of alot of creativity to come up with something edible. This is the reality of living like kings for a very long time!

At 5-5 we have done a pretty good job of that, and although we could be a few games ahead of this, the reality is we are not. Our expectations need to be seeing us maximize the potential of the guys at hand. that may mean wins, that may mean losses, but all we can hope is for an honest and great effort every game from here on out.

I want to see what we do when we combine the right ingredients, when we play smart. I dont want to see us starting to get desperate and just throwing things out there.

Payton has done a great job of understanding this, and we need to stick to this going forward. Stick to using the ingredients you have, dont panic, and let the chips fall where they may.

We have the wrong ingredients to make whatever dish we are wanting to eat. I am especially talking about the offense. The defense will get as many passes from me as possible. Those guys at least play with heart and for each other. Our offense lacks veteran leadership and talent

The offense played like crap for 3 quarters, true, but this loss falls on the defense.
How about it falls on the whole team. The offense played like garbage for 3 quarters and kept putting the defense on the field. I don't care how good your defense is, can't keep putting them on the field like that. They are gonna get gassed; which is exactly what happened. Don't put all the blame on the defense. How about 50/50. The offense and the defense are to blame.

I’m not making a thread for maybe I should, but I looked at the future free agents this offseason at WR and…there’s a bunch of names. They can’t all be re-signed or franchised, right? How much cap space can Mickey Loomis and Khai Harley free up via restructures?

I’m not making a thread for maybe I should, but I looked at the future free agents this offseason at WR and…there’s a bunch of names. They can’t all be re-signed or franchised, right? How much cap space can Mickey Loomis and Khai Harley free up via restructures?

Think we’re still way over the cap next year. Either going to get another scrub or udfa. Best chance is the 1st round in the draft.

I played around with the cap calculator on over the cap.com yesterday and by restucturing every veteran that has more than 1 year left and not on their rookie contract I was able to clear $81M that left the Saints with $24M space to sign players to fill the roster. Unfortunately They only have 36 players under contract with Book as the only QB so most of that will be gone.

I look at it that CSP and loomis went shopping and picked up lobster (Brees) filet (MT) and(kamara) and a bunch of spam (bad contracts/players not on team now) and put it on the credit card. All the good stuff was eaten, the other stuff rotted and had to be thrown away and we’re stuck with ketchup, mustard and pickles. Games are not going to be good until we pay of the debt and manage the cap.

How about that FG down by 14? Why in the he77 would you not go for the TD at that point? If you don't convert it, we have Philly inside the 15.

We abandoned the run when it became obvious that Simeon was having a sheet day. This sounds illogical but due to Simeon sucking, they dropped a safety and started run blitzing. Blood was in the water at that point. We finally managed to burn them for run blitzing in the 4th quarter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom