Let's talk Cardinals (1 Viewer)

I have to assume that Apple will not play next week, and with an apparent hamstring injury/tweak, the same goes for Patrick Robinson. PJ Williams is already out with the suspension, so the CBs are very depleted.
Ken Crawley will get the call, and while he has some skills, the guy has been a penalty machine when he’s on the field. CJGJ and Saquan Hampton will be called upon to contribute, and while I really like both players, they are not man-to-man CBs. The Saints will have to play a bunch of zone coverages to help out their DBs.

Dome needs to be lit (which it has been all year). Don’t let Kyler of whatever get comfortable. Stay loud even before/during the huddle.

My assumption is that Crawley will be starting opposite of Lattimore. At one point, Ken was close to playing himself into a big contract, let’s hope that Ken shows up.

If Drew DOES play, that should give this team and the fans a big jolt.

stop the run.

Per Football Outsiders, the Cardinals have fielded a shockingly effective running attack this season (an interesting read):

My title: We'll beat 'em anyway

I watched the entire Cards-Giants game last night and reviewed all the Football Outsiders stats (my favorite analytics site). I have to say that the Cards don't impress me at all.

Sure, they've won three in a row but all against bottom feeders (Cin, Atl, NYG) who are all in the bottom 10 on defense. Saints at home in top 1/2 of the league in D will be a MUCH more significant challenge for them.

FO.com has Cards as one of the worst two defenses in the entire NFL. Regardless of which Saints' QBs play, they should move the ball with ease and control the TOP.

I predict a win and that the Saints will cover the large spread at home -- maybe with Brees' homecoming and some satisfying mop up with the crowd yelling "Ted -ee" in the closing moments.

Our CB situation is a concern for me with the offense we're facing. The defensive line needs to bring it as they have all season so Murray doesn't have time to spot the open receiver.

I think Teddy or Drew should be able to move the ball on AZ regardless of whether or not AK or Cook are playing.

Overall, I feel similarly to how I did going into TB. We're a better team, but this isn't an opponent to be taken too lightly, either (winning 3 games against bottom feeders still requires some skill/discipline).

Not worried at all. They might have had a shot if we played them in Arizona. In the dome? No chance. They just aren't that good yet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom