Let's talk cookware (3 Viewers)

this is my cutting board:

50198_1000.jpg

is this a good one?

I found that one side of it works better than the other. But maybe there are better options out there?

I love the built in measuring lines so you can make uniform cuts. Keeper.

alright, so I have 600 bucks to redeem at Hudson's Bay Company.

I was looking at the All-Clad and Le Crueset to spend some of that on.

I was thinking of mixing and matching - 2-3 pieces (if I had to spend an extra 100-200 so be it).

But then I saw this:

Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 2.04.53 PM.png

I don't know the difference between the two - D3 vs. the Stainless Steel.

And how does the anodized fry pan - which I was also looking at - fit into the picture?

And I don't know if this is actual a good deal - keep in mind this is CDN prices. I know sometimes stores will raise the 'normal' price to make it seem like a better deal. And it's really not.

And I know that amazon.ca has them for this price, normally. But I don't have 600 bucks in Amazon gift cards

We would use all these pieces and I would not need to piece together a set.

Is it worth it? I'd be paying a couple hundred bucks for either of these sets.

Thoughts appreciated. Get all of these or mix and match with Le Crueset - which is the wiser option?

alright, so I have 600 bucks to redeem at Hudson's Bay Company.

I was looking at the All-Clad and Le Crueset to spend some of that on.

I was thinking of mixing and matching - 2-3 pieces (if I had to spend an extra 100-200 so be it).

But then I saw this:

Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 2.04.53 PM.png

I don't know the difference between the two - D3 vs. the Stainless Steel.

And how does the anodized fry pan - which I was also looking at - fit into the picture?

And I don't know if this is actual a good deal - keep in mind this is CDN prices. I know sometimes stores will raise the 'normal' price to make it seem like a better deal. And it's really not.

And I know that amazon.ca has them for this price, normally. But I don't have 600 bucks in Amazon gift cards

We would use all these pieces and I would not need to piece together a set.

Is it worth it? I'd be paying a couple hundred bucks for either of these sets.

Thoughts appreciated. Get all of these or mix and match with Le Crueset - which is the wiser option?

It looks like the stainless will be slightly heavier with better handles. Although at the same price point they will be pretty comparable. This might help:

We’ve had a stainless Caphalon set for close to 20 years and we use it all the time. I think either of those sets would work.

I will also add that glass lids are nice too, which neither of those sets have.

Magnalite. I still have some my grandmother used and I bought some new ones. Best pots ever

It looks like the stainless will be slightly heavier with better handles. Although at the same price point they will be pretty comparable. This might help:

We’ve had a stainless Caphalon set for close to 20 years and we use it all the time. I think either of those sets would work.

I will also add that glass lids are nice too, which neither of those sets have.

thanks - my dad has a couple of Calphalon skillets but not for that long, so I wasn't sure about durability.

I am leaning toward a couple of stainless steel pieces - didn't think about the lids, but I do like our glass lids on the pieces we have them for - and a Le Crueset.

But now I need to decide which Le Crueset I should get first.

Assuming a dutch oven....?

Interestingly enough, Consumer Reports poo pooed on the Tramontina. Mostly for being hard to clean..

Screenshot_20200515-191226_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200515-191243_Samsung Internet.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom