Let's talk cookware (2 Viewers)

I use magnalite and cast iron almost exclusively. Cast iron is my favorite, but more of a pain to care for.

I recently purchased a Misen nonstick skillet for eggs & such and I find it works really well. I'll haveta see if the nonstick holds up over time.

Interestingly enough, Consumer Reports poo pooed on the Tramontina. Mostly for being hard to clean..

Screenshot_20200515-191226_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200515-191243_Samsung Internet.jpg
Maybe CR needs to learn how to cook? I can't imagine any difference cleaning any clad pots and pans. Food bakes on and you scrub it off?

Maybe CR needs to learn how to cook? I can't imagine any difference cleaning any clad pots and pans. Food bakes on and you scrub it off?
My guess is differences in surface finish?

I will say, the reviews I see for Made In, say that the fry pan isn't perfectly flat, so, it may be fine for a gas range, but it isn't going to be great for electric (especially glass top). I'm shocked CR would ignore that.

• 1Like
Reactions: MLU
Going to pull the trigger on this today. Half price. I really want the metal handles because I've read about a lot of handle failures at high (500ish) temps.

i have been waiting on this to go on sale for what feels like forever.

i like to collect kettles. although, my all-clad is almost bronze from leaving it on the stove after passing out.

i have been waiting on this to go on sale for what feels like forever.

i like to collect kettles. although, my all-clad is almost bronze from leaving it on the stove after passing out.
oh and in australia, this does not mean peace. also, when one cutting board gets dirty, throw another on top. in defense, my brother did that.

IMG_20200518_173417.jpg

I got myself a Tramontina 3QT Saucepan a week ago. Only used it twice so far. Cooks nice, the surface is very much non stick (just gotta turn the heat down a touch), and it cleans easy. Feels solid. The inside scratches sorta easy, and I've only used wooden, silicone, or nylon utensils.

I also got two of their professional non stick aluminum pans. They're a good heft, so I think they'll hold up from warping. However, the bottoms aren't anodized, so the aluminum scratches very easily. The non stick has been great so far. Only used it twice.For the smaller of the two pans, the rivets make it hard to cook eggs or anything, because they'll get all up in there, so cleaning that was a pain.

Going to pull the trigger on this today. Half price. I really want the metal handles because I've read about a lot of handle failures at high (500ish) temps.

How is it, buzd???

It's time. My pots and pans are no longer viable. The magnalite professionals have served well over the years, but the step kids ran then thru the dishwasher and now they are pitted and leaving residue.

I've scouted a few different options but most of the lesser stainless and copper sets scare me based on the reviews. Some are happy, but there's quite a few pics and testimonials that they easily warp. I'll not mention so as to not influence recommendations.

I'm not opposed to paying for quality, but I don't want to over pay for a shoddy product.

Looking at the Made-In and found Caraway which look really nice and have some bonus items like the rack and lid holder.

So what other brands do you recommend?
Cast iron and that French company is really good. I have my mom’s set that Is from the French company.

How is it, buzd???

It's really nice. The lip of the pot seems to have either some chips to the enamel or a few spots of wear or inconsistent application (they really don't seem like chips). We debated sending it back and finally decided not to (it very well could have been why they were half price). Overall, it hasn't affected the performance - I've only used it to bake bread in a 500+ degree oven, but it has performed as one would expected.

I'm doing a pot of beans in it today, so we will see how it goes. So far, I am very pleased.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom