Let's talk Ju-Ju (1 Viewer)

JOElittleBIGhorn

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
After watching some sick dunks last night (albeit in garbage time), it got me thinking about what kind of player this kid will be. What kind of ceiling do you think Julian Wright has? What type of player will he become? Which player should he be modeling his game after? Discuss.

I am really ready to see him next year. This kid could be something special. Hopefully we can keep the blowouts going and get him some playing time.

I am really ready to see him next year. This kid could be something special. Hopefully we can keep the blowouts going and get him some playing time.

Totally agree there. And I would argue, since Rasual has been pretty cold lately, that we could get Julian in the rotation to have that athletic man coming off the bench that can get to the rim that we've been lacking. If nothing else, he can still provide some good defense while he's in there.

I think he could be a Scottie Pippen type player. Someone that can finish on the break and play lockdown defense with his athletic ability and length. Don't know what kind of ball handling skills he has, but at Kansas he was known to have great vision on the court evidenced by the awesome pass he threw to Armstrong last night.

Honestly, his development will be very big for the Hornets. The one thing this team is really missing is a slasher, a swing 2/3/4 that can consistently take the ball to the basket.

Julian could be that guy eventually. Often he looks very awkward out there, and he needs to get much better ball handling, and he needs to develop a jump shot. He also needs to develop an "NBA Frame".

BUT...he can get the rim, and we need a guy like that.

he's athletic but needs to develop a mid range jumper to be an effective starter..i like his work on D for the most part..hes a good prospect

Totally agree there. And I would argue, since Rasual has been pretty cold lately, that we could get Julian in the rotation to have that athletic man coming off the bench that can get to the rim that we've been lacking. If nothing else, he can still provide some good defense while he's in there.

I said essentially the same thing I think on HR.com yesterday, I believe. That if we want an athletic 2/3 in the game that can't shoot very well and plays solid D, Wright does pretty much just as well as Butler. One could argue that Butler at least has the reputation of being a shooter and that helps to keep the D honest, but even that will recede if he can't start hitting some shots early in games.

Not having seen Wright play much in college, I can't give too much of an honest assessment on his ability, and my only thoughts up to this point tend to echo the sentiments of others in that he needs to develop at least some semblance of a midrange to outside game. Work with David West. Whatever he did to develop his jumper to what it is today, Wright can take some serious notes from.

I am very excited about him. He is extremely athletic, reminds me a little of iguadala:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QP1s1fHHTbY&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QP1s1fHHTbY&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Watch what he does at about 39 seconds in the above video.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom