Lets talk optimistic ONLY. light spreading time for a dark preseason (1 Viewer)

I do. I also know that even though Watson had a great year last year it was nothing compared to what Jimmy gave us in the big easy.

Jimmy was aging rapidly in NOLA and it has continued in Seattle. He was a once in a lifetime type player though. He was amazing. His challenging upbringing and Cinderella story made him easy to cheer for. I think the constant talk of him being soft really started to get to him and the injuries were taking a significant toll, so he was mentally deteriorating as fast as he was physically.

We fleeced Seattle because we got a first round pick and a stud center for a superstar that was already past his prime, with his best football behind him, and a fourth round pick.

I get why a lot of people are frustrated, but IMO a lot of that frustration is the product of impatience. The rebuild didn't even begin until after the 2014 season, and we're only now entering the 2016 season.

How many players are even left from the 2013 team? By my count, 12: Brees, Armstead, Strief, Vaccaro, Hill, Drescher, Morstead, Jordan, Ingram, Jenkins, McCown, Lelito. That's an awful, awful lot of turnover in just 3 offseasons.

i think people need to relax.

any saints fan that actually watches the games knows that CSP runs his offense specifically for matchups more than any team in the league. we're not doing that in meaningless preseason games.

I'm amazed to see that people are obviously forgetting that these games are MEANINGLESS. It's just an opportunity to evaluate young talent, no different than practice. Nearly half of the guys we started with won't even make the team.

Yes there are areas we could improve, just like every team... But we will be one of the better teams in the NFL this year.

everybody needs to relax.

We'll be 1-0 in a week and a half

I am optimistic that everything you said is pie in the sky dreaming. I wish it could all be true but I honestly believe that this is a 6 win team, at best. Too many holes, too many injuries before we even start.

Who is injured besides rankins

i think people need to relax.

any saints fan that actually watches the games knows that CSP runs his offense specifically for matchups more than any team in the league. we're not doing that in meaningless preseason games.

I'm amazed to see that people are obviously forgetting that these games are MEANINGLESS. It's just an opportunity to evaluate young talent, no different than practice. Nearly half of the guys we started with won't even make the team.

Yes there are areas we could improve, just like every team... But we will be one of the better teams in the NFL this year.

everybody needs to relax.

We'll be 1-0 in a week and a half

So true,

Its like every year fans forget what this preseason stuff is about. Our Super Star QB, that makes a good chunk of our cap hardly plays more then a few series a game and the naysayers think he should be putting up 60 points a game. Well maybe not that many, but the point is, with a top 25 defense and Drew playing the entire year. . . we are a shoe in for 8-8. The rest of the season will come down to luck, how the ball bounces and how hard the refs decide to abuse our team. Drew could get sacked 8 times a game, throw 3 ints and still win a game for us, likely has.

IT'S PRESEASON !

Overall I am optimistic, concerns are youth at cornerback and development of Peat. Kruger is a tremendous upgrade. Linebackers are much better this season than last. I look forward to a good season. The moves made show me the team wants to win now.

9 days until real football!!!!

cheering_minions.gif

tumblr_n35fr14IxQ1tw1vhco1_250.gif

I haven't watched a single pre-season game. The first time since 2006 (I wasn't following the team that close until the MNF return game). I think I'm better off for it.

I agree with most of what you said, but one thing really bothers me....why is everyone ready to call the oline horrible but tonight Brees has all day to throw but couldn't find anyone open? This leads to my second point, what has Thomas done in a game to make everyone say he's a star in the making? I'm not saying he's not going to make a good pro....but at this point I'll take Snead over him anyday....all day.

Yes Snead is ahead of Thomas as expected, Snead is more experienced, the comparison would be between the two as rookies

My optimism is this is a young team , not a collection of aging players who are playing badly

And with some positions Byrd and Bell that position can become younger next year if Bell wins the position

As in the Snead Thomas comparison both young and can be a duo for good while and both be great

I can think of about 6 members off the top of my head whose posting histories on this particular board are consistent in one regard. Negative.

Nothing wrong with venting frustration, complaining about the team, staff, etc. Particularly when the team is performing badly. That is normal behavior.

However, with some, since day one of their participation here, its been little else but negative focus no matter what. Whether it be through raining on parades, being a Debbie Downer, being a contrarian, or just trying to get a rise out of people, with those people there is no balance. They just grab a whip and beat on that dead horse over, and over, an over and over and....

Right now, it is not a good idea to continue to be one of them.

Check em into the boards!
slm.gif

I have only been worried about offensive line. However, it seems like that is heading in the right direction, and now they just need to get in synch and become a unit. Only other thing is depth at CB, but we have 2 safeties that help out there. I'll stand by my 10-6 record.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom