Lets talk optimistic ONLY. light spreading time for a dark preseason (1 Viewer)

Louisibama

whodat?????we dat!!!!!
Reaction score
Starting oline: looks well above average if peat stays at left guard . Lelito and peat are slowly becoming maulers for run plays but pass coverage for them is average and i. Q. Related problems .
Drew brees : enough said
Wide receivers are looking above average when drew is out there. Thomas is a star in the making, Snead is definitely our possession for sure hand guy, and once Tommy Lee Lewis and cooks takes the tops off few defenses will open up big Coleman in the zones because they won't be able to play man against these receivers
Tight ends will be playmakers

Defense line: extremely great with Rankins but still good without him. Nick fairly is our Savior in that since but Davison is a grown a$* man . Jordan will push for 15 plus sacks with all the attention trying to stop Davison fairly and j. Jenkins bull rush and edebali and Kruger will have 15 sacks combined .
Cornerbacks. Devin breaux will become known as a shutdown island . P.j Williams is not easy to out run or fool has great i.q.
Safeties: Harper is a leader, bell is our new ball Hawk , Byrd is a playmaker , vaccaro is a Tru run stopper jus like Harper

Add to my optimism;:;;;;;;; after a bad preseason we need to shed some light

Whatever you're on, I'd like some. Even if it's just optimism.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

People think our offense is bad, I'm thankful we're not the Seahawks. They're in the process of being shut out by the Raiders right now, and their offense has only looked right when they we're playing Dallas’s urine-poor defense. Their o-line it's way worse than ours right now, the Graham trade was pretty much a disaster for them.

People think our offense is bad, I'm thankful we're not the Seahawks. They're in the process of being shut out by the Raiders right now, and their offense has only looked right when they we're playing Dallas’s urine-poor defense. Their o-line it's way worse than ours right now, the Graham trade was pretty much a disaster for them.
Agree 100% on the Graham trade. We fleeced them on that one #Loomising

Yeah, Graham’s presence in their offense actually makes them worse. Last year, they didn't start clicking and pull back into the playoff race until he was lost for the season.

Starting oline: looks well above average if peat stays at right guard . Lelito and peat are slowly becoming maulers for run plays but pass coverage for them is average and i. Q. Related problems .
Wide receivers are looking above average when drew is out there. Thomas is a star in the making, Snead is definitely our possession for sure hand guy, and once Tommy Lee Lewis and cooks takes the tops off few defenses will open up big Coleman in the zones because they won't be able to play man against these receivers

Defense line: extremely good with Rankins but great without him. Nick fairly is our Savior in that since but Davison is a grown a$* man . Jordan will push for 15 plus sacks with all the attention trying to stop Davison fairly and j. Jenkins bull rush and edebali and Kruger will have 15 sacks combined .
Cornerbacks. Devin breaux will become known as a shutdown island . P.j Williams is not easy to out run or fool has great i.q.
Safeties: Harper is a leader, bell is our new ball Hawk , Byrd is a playmaker , vaccaro is a Tru run stopper jus like Harper

I said it months ago..I believe this team will grow as the season goes along and offensively it will become scary good. Not 2011, but just scary (entertaining to casual nfl fans) ...this is regardless of how the OL looks at the moment.

Defense will get better as the season goes along as well, but I feel they are actually ahead of last season. Secondary just needs to get their calls together to catch free releases and stuff like that. (no busted coverage)

we are 8-8 though....no if, and or buts about it. We are simply toooo young. Sad for drew b/c we are not winning it all this season, but it is what it is man.

I'm actually going to enjoy this season since the expectations are more realistically lowered with reason. We are average at best and hope to be good but we'll suck here and there...period.

Nobody is expecting us to do anything, so anything is a plus in 2016.

Spiller looks very quick and explosive. Marcus Murphy had a great night tonight. When he isn't putting the ball on the ground, he makes plays. Tommylee Lewis could flourish with Brees being the one to throw him the rock.

Andrus Peat looked a lot more comfortable on the left side. Brees in general had a lot of time to throw tonight except for that last 3rd down incompletion.

Seems the only way to get completions on PJ Williams is on comeback routes. If it's down the sideline, he's step for step with anyone. Nice to see David Onyemata get a sack, even if it was negated by a penalty. He's got some work to do, but he's flashing even though he's completely raw. That's a great sign.

I think Gwacham has an upward trajectory too. Remember, he's not even played on defense for but 3 years or so.

I really, really like Landon Turner. Moves forward on running plays. Not sure why he's not getting reps with the 2s but I expect that won't be an issue for long.

It was brief, but I liked seeing Joe Cheek running out for screens. Seems to be quite athletic, which suggests he's more tailor made for our zone blocking schemes. Seems kinda light in the trunk though.

I'm getting quite comfortable with our special team coverage units. Especially with Lasco and Eric Harris as gunners. Both are physical, sound tacklers, and like to hit.

Craig Robertson got beat by that running back named Houston, but he's got speed. Just needs to tackle better. Him and Mauti.

Kenny Vaccaro nearly had a pick.

Overall, seems we are being really guarded with using Cooks and Michael Thomas. I don't know if I've seen Brees throw to Cooks once since the Texans game. And certainly hasn't thrown at Thomas. But you just know both players are poised to make some noise.

Thomas Morestead is playing at an elite level. And I actually feel good about our kickers. Either one will be good, and like Bonchie said, probably the smartest to go with the younger of the two since it means we keep him longer.

It's not at all hard for me to find reasons for optimism.

The biggest point of optimism is that even if we're a "bad team" according to some, how many games have we been the better team and still lost? Don't need to beat a team by 40 points to win, at least 1.

I said it months ago..I believe this team will grow as the season goes along and offensively it will become scary good. Not 2011, but just scary (entertaining to casual nfl fans) ...this is regardless of how the OL looks at the moment.

Defense will get better as the season goes along as well, but I feel they are actually ahead of last season. Secondary just needs to get their calls together to catch free releases and stuff like that. (no busted coverage)

we are 8-8 though....no if, and or buts about it. We are simply toooo young. Sad for drew b/c we are not winning it all this season, but it is what it is man.

I'm actually going to enjoy this season since the expectations are more realistically lowered with reason. We are average at best and hope to be good but we'll suck here and there...period.

Nobody is expecting us to do anything, so anything is a plus in 2016.
Improvement during the season is a fair point - once the OL gets settled, I think we make progress. This preseason did show that we are pretty thin, however.

Starting oline: looks well above average if peat stays at right guard . Lelito and peat are slowly becoming maulers for run plays but pass coverage for them is average and i. Q. Related problems .

Defense line: extremely good with Rankins but great without him. Nick fairly is our Savior in that since but Davison is a grown a$* man . Jordan will push for 15 plus sacks with all the attention trying to stop Davison fairly and j. Jenkins bull rush and edebali and Kruger will have 15 sacks combined .

I like a lot of your post but our Dline is not better without Rankins.

Disagree. JG was a superstar, one of the most desired names in the leauge. He had name recognition challenging Gronk himself. Could've gotten more.

How? Anthony has done nothing for us. Jimmy was the best red zone weapon in football. I'll never understand why no one gave him credit in New Orleans.

After leaving the game for work listening to Deuce, he said if it comes down to a numbers game TommyLee Lewis doesn't make this team

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom