Saints Let's talk some about Dez Bryant in 2019 (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
I'm still in a funk about the RefGate saga... but I want to feel better by focusing on other things.

IIRC, Dez' injury was similar to the one Okafor had. Okafor came back strong in 2018.

Dez has already gone on record that he'd like to return to the Saints in 2019. The way the locker room embraced him was great!

With CGM and a healthy Dez (even though he's older) should bode well for the Black and Gold.

:gosaints:

Torn Achilles are difficult to predict. Okafor came back well but we can’t know for certain. We’d also have to re-sign him to another deal as I believe it was a one year deal. Cameron Meredith on the other hand should be a beast out of the slot next season and fully healthy.

Not sure what are cap looks like next year and what our plans are for backup QB

While I Hope Kirkwood, Smith , Arnold improve and Merridrth can regain his form

I’d like to add a more dynamic receiver than an older WR coming off a late season major injury

Honestly I pretty much doubt Dez will be back here. Got to let free agency plays out. I am almost for sure Dez with not be on top of priority signings during the off season. But losing him this year really hurt.

I'd love to give him a shot at it. Even with Cam Meredith coming back, its no guarantee. Its also no guarantee the Ginn continues to perform at a high level.

I think a glaring weakness we had this year was a lack of veterans in the WR corp. Sign Dez to a one year "prove it" deal with tons of incentives. He gets access to our state of the art facility to continue his rehab then he gets to play for a complete team that is, arguably, the best in the league. #ScorchedEarth19

I'd love to give him a shot at it. Even with Cam Meredith coming back, its no guarantee. Its also no guarantee the Ginn continues to perform at a high level.

I think a glaring weakness we had this year was a lack of veterans in the WR corp. Sign Dez to a one year "prove it" deal with tons of incentives. He gets access to our state of the art facility to continue his rehab then he gets to play for a complete team that is, arguably, the best in the league. #ScorchedEarth19

:00000654: :goodpost:

:gosaints:

I agree with letting free agency play out. There were still big question marks around Dez before the injury. As others have said, I wish we could have seen him in a game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom