Saints Let's talk some about Dez Bryant in 2019 (1 Viewer)

Its a tough one... the big feeling around the league was that he lost a step but we must of seen something to of given him a shot and I hope that still stands next season as well (going on that he is healthy)

I want Dez in a Saints uni PERIOD

I'm all for bringing him in and letting him compete for a job. That goes for pretty much any WR. The best man wins the job and our offense is that much more dangerous. The NFL is a developmental league and the old cats are constantly having to defend their job from younger, spriter, competition.

That’s a tough injury to rebound from. And youth is not on his side. I would give him about a 20% chance of returning to the the game. Less than that for making the Saints.

Dez Bryant is 30 years old and had already lost a step prior to injury. He never developed polished route running skills and Id hate to see us waste red down plays with failed fade routes. Okafor was okay prior and disnt have the same milage while being 3 years younger.

Nothing will come out of dez, kirkwood and TQS are the two that meed to step up.

I would love to see Dez come back to the Saints on another one year incentive ladened contract. We would have one heck of a WR corps with Thomas, Dez, Ginn, Smith, Kirkwood and Meredith.
I think Meredith will surprise some people. I only remember him really playing one game. If memory serves me right, he did pretty good. I'm sure the injury was bothering him and his timing with Drew wasn't 100% and still showed up. I'm pulling for the guy.

we still need to sign another vet receiver this offseason. if Dez can get open on the intermediate routes and catch the ball I believe there is a spot on the team for him. He will also bring a bit of attitude and toughness.

If Dez is healthy I would like to see him have the opportunity to compete on our team. I don’t know enough about Meredith to know if he is going to be good here or not. Dez certainly has the measurable of a prototype WR. It would be nice if between Meredith and Bryant we don’t have to draft a WR but I think we would still need a real deep threat. Which brings up a question. How much of our inability to go deep is about Drew or about not having a speedster who can get open? I would dare to say that we had the least amount of deep throws in the league. I’m talking about attempts to throw deep not short or intermediate passes that were made long.

I don’t know what he will cost but De’Anthony Thomas (KC) is a FA. Could be another deep threat and Ginn replacement when he’s done.

If Dez is healthy I would like to see him have the opportunity to compete on our team. I don’t know enough about Meredith to know if he is going to be good here or not. Dez certainly has the measurable of a prototype WR. It would be nice if between Meredith and Bryant we don’t have to draft a WR but I think we would still need a real deep threat. Which brings up a question. How much of our inability to go deep is about Drew or about not having a speedster who can get open? I would dare to say that we had the least amount of deep throws in the league. I’m talking about attempts to throw deep not short or intermediate passes that were made long.

My hope is for both Dez AND Meredith to be at 100% (...can't fault a guy for hoping for that).

Mike Thomas' contract will be nine figures, so there's no telling how things will shake out.

:gosaints:

no team in the NFL is going to sign Dez before the season starts and even then it wasn't like teams were knocking down his door last year when he was healthy

he knows that he isn't going to a be a primary, so the only thing to add to his legacy is a ring. It shouldn't be hard to get him to sign for little to no guaranteed money on a cheap deal if he really wants to play

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom