Saints Let's talk some about Dez Bryant in 2019 (1 Viewer)

Your name wont get you a roster spot on our team. Just like being drafted vs being undrafted. Theres only a few jobs available in new Orleans and you'll have to beat out some pretty good players to win those spots.

That being said, I'm totally cool with Dez coming in and competing. I'm not sold that he will be healthy enough or have enough left in the tank to win a role on our team. He might be able to overtake Carr and even Kirkwood, but I believe both of those guys play special teams. That matters when your deep depth.

Same goes for Meredith. He'll have to win a job, and win it big time for what he'll cost us to keep him. I think this is the year that we will be players in the WR (and TE) free agent markets. So not only will they have to win over other guys currently on the roster, theyll have to beat out whoever else we bring in.

All it would take is for him to have one or two good games and he would start flapping his lips, critiquing the rest of the team and inserting himself into situations he shouldn't. That's what he did in Dallas and people don't change. He was selling his Saints t-shirts before he even played a single down. Spin it into "enthusiasm" or whatever you'd like, that's just weird. He does too much of what you don't need him to do and not enough of what you expect him to do.

He might come off somewhat "humble" now because no one wanted him. But let him have a couple of good games. You think he's going to put his head down and keep playing hard? I don't.

He's going to get cocky. Talking and tweeting a little too much. Providing unnecessary commentary in locker room interviews. It's his MO. People don't change. Plus he was groomed in Dallas. So all he knows how to do is run his mouth and be kinda good some of the time, while talking about how good he used to be, when he was never that great to begin with.

Those types of players do not fit well on this team. But we always have to learn the hard way. Stubbornness or wishful thinking at the top, I suppose. It's to be expected. People don't change.

Personally, I am very interested in what Dez could contribute to our offense next year. But Coach Pete, who definitely has Insider into the Cowgirls, including coaches, says that Dez is a real locker room problem. Also Pete said that this was a serious injury and would be hard for any Vet his age to fully recover. Coach Pete doubts Dez has the determination to do what it takes to recover from this type of injury.

To me, how Dez handles this recovery will tell a lot about his character. If he puts in the work required for full recovery, then that tells me that Dez has matured. If he gets healthy enough to be a legit threat, I sure hope we get to see if Coach Pete was wrong on this one, which I hope he is.

We can’t count on Dez or Meredith to contribute anything; both are coming off major injuries.

We all saw how our offense sputtered while Ginn was out and defenses only had to focus on Kamara / Thomas; we need a legit threat on the other side wether it be a WR or a TE.

I think Dezern coming back is a great idea if he can pass a physical. Dez doesn’t have to be the man anymore, Heck he could even be a #3

Reports were that he was over weight and not in game shape BEFORE he tore the achilles. Of course, Stallone looked a lot fitter in Rocky IV than he did Rocky I & II, so I guess it can happen.

Reports were that he was over weight and not in game shape BEFORE he tore the achilles. Of course, Stallone looked a lot fitter in Rocky IV than he did Rocky I & II, so I guess it can happen.

That's a fact. Coach Pete got that from his Insiders at Cowgirl land. Apparently, Dez kept himself in pretty good shape until about a month before we went after him.

Being told that at this late point of the season, Dez kinda gave up hope of being picked up last year that late and just relaxed his training. I suspect a lot of other players in similar situations have done the same thing.

That's a fact. Coach Pete got that from his Insiders at Cowgirl land. Apparently, Dez kept himself in pretty good shape until about a month before we went after him.

Being told that at this late point of the season, Dez kinda gave up hope of being picked up last year that late and just relaxed his training. I suspect a lot of other players in similar situations have done the same thing.
Haha, I suspect a lot of us on this board have done the same thing. At least those of us who don’t work out with Coach Pete.

I would love to see us go after Cordarralle Patterson, hes a do it all guy that could shine here

Relaxing the training seemed to have helped CJ Anderson. lol. Must've been storing all that energy in the midsection

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom