Levi Jones and Deltha O'Neal downgraded to Doubtful (1 Viewer)

LSSpam

Practice Squad
Reaction score
From an Insider Article. I'm sure its on the NFL injury report as well (which gets updated), i'm just not going to track it down right now.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2666114

Levi Jones (starting LT) and Deltha O'Neal (starting CB) are both not going to play. It's being reported starting S Dexter Jackson also is likely to not play (but is currently listed as Questionable). Willie Anderson, Housh, and Rudi Johnson all practiced and will play.

This is in addition to already reported out starting C Rich Braham, starting OG Bobbie Williams, starting LB Brian Simmons and #4 WR Kelley Washington.

This means that the starting LT, OG, and C are out. 3 of 5 O-line positions. They'll have Whitworth starting at LT, a rookie but with a few games under his belt already.

If the defensive line has a good day we might actually get something going on defense.

Deltha O'Neal, Dexter Jackson, and Simmons helps the offense I suspect. That's two of their better defensive players (Simmons and O'Neal) and 3 total starters out.

But honestly I our offense didn't need the help.

I'm feeling optomistic (but I felt optomistic about the Steelers as well so, yeah).

Oh and it was reported that Joe Horn, Fred Thomas, and Nate Lawrie all practiced and therefore can be expected to play. Horn and Thomas got upgraded to Probable, Lawrie is still listed as questionable.

Only Conwell is out

We need Fred Thomas in a big way, I hope his bad hammy don't slow him down!

I don't but into people playing and not playing, how many times do the backups play as well as the starters? Sometimes even better. We thought the first Tampa game was going to be an easy win cause of the rookie guards, we barely beat them

I don't but into people playing and not playing, how many times do the backups play as well as the starters? Sometimes even better. We thought the first Tampa game was going to be an easy win cause of the rookie guards, we barely beat them

Uh, usually the backups play a lot worse. Which is why they are backups. That Tampa had an ok first game vs us is a fluke. They preformed poorly afterwards including in our 31-14 blowout of them. :dunno:

Carolina played with a patchwork line against us as I recall.

reading this is a nice way for me to call it a night. good work!

any team can have a coming out party so lets just wait and see which team shows up.

lets see... as far as performance goes.. rookie starting.. we had 2 rookies starting on our oline as well vs tampa.. still have one starting..
bentley was starting guard his rookie year and was in the pro bowl.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom