Lewis Back to Most Feared Status. (1 Viewer)

I agree with the 1st post, Lewis has greatly improved our special teams plays, no more starting out at the 10 or 15 yard lines. I remember debating this with someone else who said they were ready to cut Lewis, I thought they were crazy because injury or not(35 years old) he's still probably one of the fastest guys on the team, plus he one of those hard nosed players always hustling making plays....Gotta have a guy like that on the team.....Keep in mind also he was out for over a year.....

Im glad to see Beerman back on the field, it opens alot more options for us. i was terrified everytime Bush got the ball so frequently every game i could barely keep my eyes open during his returns and always hopin o'le boy don't get injured or worse, Lewis is more conditioned for this and im hoping he return a few back for a TD every game from here on out,

Lewis is probably the lone bright spot on an other wise less than average special teams.

I have to disagree with one aaspect of Lewis' game.
When he returns punts and the ball is in front of him, he likes to run up and try to catch the ball.

In the Ravens game, he did just that and cost us a fumble. Then, Payton benched him, and rightly so.

As for kickoff returns, he is the best in the game.

When he returns punts and the ball is in front of him, he likes to run up and try to catch the ball.

In the Ravens game, he did just that and cost us a fumble. Then, Payton benched him, and rightly so.

Yeah but beerman should still return punts

$50 million running backs should not be returning punts at all.No matter how good they are.

Wasn't that the Tampa game?

I was one who doubted Lewis' return. I will gladly say that I was wrong. However, i was correct about him being a wr. It's not going to happen. Last week we came out with 5 wr Many times. They were
colston
copper
henderson
bush
stecker

that was our 5wr set. If he can't beat out stecker, he apparently can not play wr.

The reason you do that is to create matchups.. They send out defense personel out way before the huddle... ou see 2 RB's in there you don't think 5 wr... But stecke and bush catch ral well out the backfield so hats why he does it..

Since his second full year of returning punts, I think his judgment has actually been quite good compared to the other PR I see around the league. He's got good hands and is confident in punt coverage traffic when making a fair catch. He's just back after missing a year, and even the best will muff one occasionally. He's saved us a ton of yards over the last few years by stepping up on fair catches, while rarely does he take any kick too deep/behind the 10-yard line.

I'm pretty sure we recovered that fumble and it didnt' end up costing us anything but a few yards in field position.

Okay, Okay! I never thought Lewis could be much of an impact anymore. I admit it! Yes, I had written him off. He's done quite nicely though. He does the best he can with our horrible ST blocking.

Please pass the salt.

I'm pretty sure we recovered that fumble and it didnt' end up costing us anything but a few yards in field position.

It could have given Tampa the momentum because at that time we didn't have a large lead, if we had a lead at all. I'm not saying I agree with benching him for it, but it could've easily been a big play. I also heard (on this board) he told Payton it wasn't a problem, which could've been the reason he didn't return anymore.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom