Lewis could be done today! (sources reporting a deal is close - merged) (1 Viewer)

Ok, I just looked through his stats (they are ~ok), and am having a hard time remembering him in on many plays, while watching Steelers. This is a second-tier, bordering third, signing from what I see. Help me if I am wrong.

Greer is staying and either him or Robinson will slide to nickle. Might be perfect move for Greer and allow us to restructure next year.

Get him and Francois and I'm straight.

Posted from Saintsreport.com App for Android

Ok, I just looked through his stats (they are ~ok~), and am having a hard time remembering him in on many plays, while watching Steelers. This is a second-tier, bordering third, signing from what I see. Help me if I am wrong.

I don't know much about him either but based on his stats ... seems like a guy who can get a lot of tackles, and knock a lot of balls down. 23 passes defended. Definitely not a ballhawk but more of a lockdown guy.

That sounds good. Apparently the going rate has been set at an average of $5 million per year based on what all the other CBs have gotten so it's probably just a matter of the structure of the deal. Now the question is do we go after Asomugha or do we go for someone cheaper to add depth and some competition for White and a potential draft pick?

Grab Nnamdi too (Loomis is a wizard after all). Would be sad to see Greer go (since we'd need to cut him for salary probably), but Lewis, Nnamdi, and P-Rob? Yes.

Cutting Greer would only free up 1.4 mill. Keep Greer, give Harper a pay cut or release ultimatum, and draft Baccari Rambo if Harper gets released. Then We would look like this:

CB:
Asomugah
Lewis
Greer
PRob
White

SS:
Harper or Rambo
Isa Abdul Quddus

FS:
Jenkins
Rafael Bush

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom