Liberal Puritans (1 Viewer)

IntenseSaint

Powhatan Power
Reaction score
Pretty eye opening piece done by NBC from a gay artist.

<iframe src="http://www.nbcnews.com/widget/video-embed/755328579598" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

porculator

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Eh, Idunno.

Gay guy reads some Ayn Rand, decides he likes small government.

Starts "Twinks4Trump", supporting a candidate that is by no means for small government.

Other gays call him out for supporting a candidate/party that has historically (and continues to) opposed gay rights.

I do understand the disdain for single issue voters, and also the mob mentality and shaming that liberals are guilty of lately. But he seems to just playing the victim for attentions sake, which seems to be the new trend among conservatives.

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure how he's more a victim than a Baptist woman who's voting for Hillary checking her facebook feeds and talking at the church bake sale. Just a guy who has political beliefs that are out of whack with the larger body of things that tie him to social groups he hangs out with. If he's not making a huge deal about being visible to the gay community as gay and for Trump, other gay people probably just think he's a dude supporting Trump. If he seeks engagement where he controls the terms, I don't see how his expectations should be any different than that woman talking up Hillary at the bake sale. I fail to see any victimization here. The online stuff at the end of the video is pretty typical bad behavior, but honestly it's hilarious that it comes right after mentioning Milo who viciously doxed and harassed enough women not seeking controversy that he's lifetime banned from twitter.

porculator

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure how he's more a victim than a Baptist woman who's voting for Hillary checking her facebook feeds and talking at the church bake sale.
That's a good comparison. Especially because both groups are very single-issue oriented and can result in an all-or-nothing mob mentality.

Good thing we're in a country where people are free to choose who they surround themselves with :idunno:

FWtex

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Guy has a Goldwater sticker on his laptop. Goldwater would be fighting Trump tooth and nail if he were alive today. Trump represents socially, economically, and in foreign policy so far from small government principals it is terrifying.
Please explain how Trump does not represent smaller government principles than the other choice? Actually, explain how he does not represent smaller government on his own principles.

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He's said he wants to borrow as much as possible to expand the business (government) and if it goes badly and crashes he'll renegotiate what he owes. He wants to run the government the way he has run his business, which is not as a small hands-off lean thing. He directly clashed hard with the Tea Party wing of the party because he's not for small government at all in any way shape or form. He wants a big government run like a business to take over and do big projects like building walls with lots of taxpayer dollars in order to make the country stronger and "great again". His principles may be conservative, but they have nothing to do with small government, a concept he publicly abhors as weak and stupid. His stated plans involve increasing the debt by close to 12 Trillion dollars in 4 years, but he sees it as an investment in the business of good big government run by a businessman.

Have you never listened to him speak?

J-Donk

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Please explain how Trump does not represent smaller government principles than the other choice? Actually, explain how he does not represent smaller government on his own principles.
A wall, tariffs, pro-SS & medicare, and banning people by religion. I don't know how that qualifies as less government.

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
the words he uses would be a clue.

you have to have heard of his great wall, yuge deportation force and massive borrowing for infrastructure, right?

V Chip

Truth Addict (aww ^&%$ I got a head rush)
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Close enough to ATL to smell the stink of Falcons
I like how the guy in the link excuses behavior from the group he chooses to associate with (conservatives/republicans) but doesn't for the group he doesn't associate with. It's kinda like he's in a tribe and he is forgiving to those in his tribe... hmmm that sounds familiar, where have I heard that before?? :scratch:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom