Libertarian opinions on Pandemics? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOFALCONS10

Not a part of your system
Reaction score
Are there any libertarians here with opinions on the pandemic and pandemics and diseases in general?

Talking specifically to libertarians here.

Any opinions on natural immunity, grounds for exemptions, lockdowns, inflation, etc?

Do you feel heard or included? How do you feel about America and the prospects of freedom moving forward?

The general news coverage of disease mainly involves some type of left or right authoritarianism or another so I figure it would be refreshing to hear the other side in their own words without strawmen attacks.

What are your takes/concerns?

I got curious because I happened to catch this clip of Rand Paul the other day criticizing a HHS secretary Xavier Beccera who has no medical or scientific background for condemning pro-choice advocates for wanting to make their own medical decisions.

I thought it deserved it's own discussion and to hear from you folks.

You're more apt to obtain responses in a forum themed around political views.
Try the MAP I'll check that board.

I'm not sure if this is a question strictly confined to politics or rather ethics and philosophy in general but I am curious as to what some marginalized opinions might be.

For instance libertarians typically believe that not all human liberties should be subject a vote or to the capricious whims of the state so I'm trying to grasp to what extent they believe that this applies.

I like how this is about libertarianism and the OP wants to control who speaks and the parameters of that speech
its almost as if…
You mean there's something wrong with addressing specific groups in particular?

Since when is open soliciting of a specific opinion wrong? I'm not controlling anything. I'm just expressing my interest in hearing what these people have to say.

You're free to talk about whatever you like that I'm not interested in. I just prefer not to entertain it here.

I have no executive power to censor opinions here even if I wanted it.

I just have no exclusive interest at the moment to hear the same opinions that I've heard a thousand times over espousing authoritarian beliefs.

I just have no exclusive interest at the moment to hear the same opinions that I've heard a thousand times over espousing authoritarian beliefs.

Ordinarily I’d tell you to click the Politics tab at the top of the page and discuss it there.. but tbh you already seem to have your mind made up and you seem to be looking for an echo chamber.

ETA. Sue Wukong beat me to it

Ordinarily I’d tell you to click the Politics tab at the top of the page and discuss it there.. but tbh you already seem to have your mind made up and you seem to be looking for an echo chamber.

ETA. Sue Wukong beat me to it
Not really.

I'd call it a break from the echo chamber.

It's generally why I prefer draft discussions to in-season games on SSF.

Pretty sure that if I haven't heard the majority opinion that it will be forced on everyone sooner or later. Hence the thread.

Maybe there just aren't any libertarians here which is interesting in itself.🤔

If not It's almost time for the annual draft talk on SSF anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom