Life after Drew (1 Viewer)

redzone762

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'm sure that I will probably get flamed for this one pretty good, but hear me out first. What do you guys think about letting Drew walk at the end of this season and bringing in Nick Foles as his replacement? I was watching a few highlights of the guy and he doesn't appear to be a bad quarterback. He's fairly accurate plus he has the ability to escape the pocket. I think Nick's main problem is that he has never had a great coach like Sean Payton to work with and think if we were to get him that he would flourish in our offense. Thoughts anyone?

I'm sure that I will probably get flamed for this one pretty good, but hear me out first. What do you guys think about letting Drew walk at the end of this season and bringing in Nick Foles as his replacement? I was watching a few highlights of the guy and he doesn't appear to be a bad quarterback. He's fairly accurate plus he has the ability to escape the pocket. I think Nick's main problem is that he has never had a great coach like Sean Payton to work with and think if we were to get him that he would flourish in our offense. Thoughts anyone?

I really hope when Drew leaves we can tank one year and get a high draft pick to select a QB. I cant imagine having to deal with a 5 year rotating chair at QB that keeps us out of the offs but good enough to miss out on th etop incoming QBs

Well, the Vikings called Kansas City about a possible trade for him when Bridgewater went down, and they ended up trading a first and fourth rounder to Philly for Bradford instead. So I can't imagine Foles is going to be available to the Saints anytime soon. He's Reid's pet project at this point, and the heir apparent behind Alex Smith.

I sure hope the report that he wants 4 more years for a total of 5 years with $85 million guaranteed is bs. I can't imagine him being a 42 year old starting quarterback plus $85 million guaranteed is too much. I hope he would sign a total 3 year deal for $24-5 million each year with about 60% guaranteed.

Oh lawd no. Foles is not a good qb, and certainly won't do well with Paytons offense.

If you have to describe him as "fairly" accurate you've already answered your own question.

You think bringing in a quarterback who holds the ball for like 7 seconds each time before throwing it is the answer behind a line that currently can't hold the point of attack for longer than 1.5 seconds? I'm not saying the line can't get better but...

Drew isn't going anywhere. But I wouldn't mind grabbing Ruddock from the Lions PS to work with. He showed some promise in their pre season games.

Nick Foles. God, I'd thought people would be over him already.

As for Brees, when he leaves, it needs to be on our terms. Leaving us in a decent position to move forward. Not us letting him walk or dumping him when we have no leverage and getting crap all for him.

giphy.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom