Life after Drew (1 Viewer)

If you guys think that 7-9 seasons are bad, then just wait until "Life After Drew" to see how bad it can really get.

I was hearing you out until the Nick Foles part.
At some point, we will have to deal w Brees no longer under center, but I hope the replacement is of higher quality than Foles.

I'm sure that I will probably get flamed for this one pretty good, but hear me out first. What do you guys think about letting Drew walk at the end of this season and bringing in Nick Foles as his replacement? I was watching a few highlights of the guy and he doesn't appear to be a bad quarterback. He's fairly accurate plus he has the ability to escape the pocket. I think Nick's main problem is that he has never had a great coach like Sean Payton to work with and think if we were to get him that he would flourish in our offense. Thoughts anyone?

Right now he alone is 20% of the salary cap. That is unworkable on a roster of over 50 guys. He is said to want 85 million guaranteed which will crush our salary cap for years to come. This team will be damaged without him and hopeless with him. Payton has developed nobody to take his place. Most fans of this board would be happy to see Brees play even if it means 3 win seasons into the future. I would rather have a half a dozen great players and a serviceable QB than a memory of a guy that is on the books for three years yet won a Super Bowl 10-15 years ago.

I don't see Foles as a quarterback-of-the-future type. He's more of a care-taker quarterback.

Now if the Saints aren't competitive this season, I can see saving money for more players, letting Brees go to greener pastures, and using a care-taker QB until we can find the next franchise guy... but that's not the indication I'm seeing out of Airline Drive.

It looks more like the Saints are going to be competitive, in which case we're going to want him probably for three more seasons.

I'm sure that I will probably get flamed for this one pretty good, but hear me out first. What do you guys think about letting Drew walk at the end of this season and bringing in Nick Foles as his replacement? I was watching a few highlights of the guy and he doesn't appear to be a bad quarterback. He's fairly accurate plus he has the ability to escape the pocket. I think Nick's main problem is that he has never had a great coach like Sean Payton to work with and think if we were to get him that he would flourish in our offense. Thoughts anyone?

I was thinking that we should grab Foles for whenever Brees retires or leaves while jogging this morning. They are home boys from Westlake

Drew is not going to be here forever people, so if Foles isn't the answer then who? I'm sure a few of you were quite apprehensive when Mickey Loomis signed Drew back in 2006 especially considering he was just coming off a major injury to his shoulder. My point is Nick may not be a future HOFer like Drew or win any MVP awards for that matter, but he's better than anyone that is currently on our roster or anyone that we may draft in the near future.

Drew is not going to be here forever people, so if Foles isn't the answer then who? I'm sure a few of you were quite apprehensive when Mickey Loomis signed Drew back in 2006 especially considering he was just coming off a major injury to his shoulder. My point is Nick may not be a future HOFer like Drew or win any MVP awards for that matter, but he's better than anyone that is currently on our roster or anyone that we may draft in the near future.

I already set my expectations extremely low for our next QB. The Saints don't have a good history with franchise QB's. Look at how many years it took us to go from Manning to Brees. That's why I am all about keeping Brees until he can't physically play anymore.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom