Article Life of a Saint - Anthony Hargrove (1 Viewer)

Dan in Lafayette

Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
1558049845827.png

Hargrove speaks about some tough losses in his life, working through self-destructive behavior and how he went from addict to Super Bowl Champion.

By Saintjohnbutler | Canal Street Chronicles

“Live for something or die for nothing.” -Rosa Lee Hargrove

Former New Orleans Saints defensive lineman and Super Bowl XLIV Champion Anthony Hargrove didn’t have much time with his mother, losing her when he was just nine years old. The phrase above was an incredibly impactful life lesson that Ms. Hargrove was able to teach in the brief window of time she had with Anthony. Despite a seemingly insurmountable amount of trials and hardships, Anthony Hargrove always came back to the lessons taught by his mother and miraculously overcame it all.

Life of a Saint: Anthony Hargrove

Brooklyn, NY – 1989: It didn’t take long for a young Anthony Hargrove to show his resiliency. At age six, he recalled when a fire forced him out of his home. “We were taking a bath in the sink, my brother, sister and I. Smoke started coming up through the fire escape. That’s how we realized there was a fire. Next thing you know, a fireman came through the door and they got us. They took us down the stairs. I lost a shoe. That night ended with my mom going back in a burning building and dragging the lady where the fire started, the apartment where the fire started, my mom dragged her out and beat her up in the middle of the street”, Hargrove recalled.

Full Story - CSC

Could I hate Goodell even more?
Right? Hargrove was one of my favorite players when he was here. After all he went through to get his career back - all the way to winning a super bowl from being addicted to drugs and alcohol - only to have it snuffed out by Goodell and his scapegoating of the Saints for the concussion lawsuits...makes me sick.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom