Like I said....We need another WR (2 Viewers)

Craig Walker

WHO DAT
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Early in the draft, we've got to look for someone. Joe's hurt, and we basically have one - Colston.

I'd cut Copper tomorrow....{esp. pulling AB crap smiling after a penalty}

We need Joe back, and yes a WR in the middle of the draft next year would be nice. Copper is a good backup, but a backup IMO. He showed it today.

I can't believe people are suggesting we use a high draft pick on receivers after the way the defense played today.

The defense played okay except two plays. Most backs can't bounce that out. DBs lost contain on edges......it's fixable.

Cooper played well, this was his first extensive action and he played well, just fumbled...very bad move by him but hey he was a reliable number 2 reciever today.

We need Joe back, and yes a WR in the middle of the draft next year would be nice. Copper is a good backup, but a backup IMO. He showed it today.

Were you saying that last week when he strectched out for that first down to keep the drive going, or when he made that sliding catch in the end zone for our 1st TD?

DBs lost contain on edges......it's fixable.

Oh, I agree it's fixable... in the draft. I don't see the wisdom of using a high pick to get a receiver when you have Horn and Colston returning along with Henderson. And, sorry, I'm not ready to bury Copper yet just because he dropped a pass in a high profile situation. Bush has had his problems but I'm not willing to pull the plug yet.

I'd much prefer them drafting to shore up the secondary/linebackers than the 3rd wide receiver slot.

I didn't say use the 1st rd pick, or even 2nd. But I think by 3rd rd. you have to look at that spot. OR bring in a vet with some speed.

Copper is far more valuable as special teamer than anything..... I thought he played well..... Where was Devery is what we need to be asking ourselves.

The Saints defense played badly for more than two plays. The Steelers scored 38 points. Copper played well. Much better than I thought he could and seems to be improving. Unfortunately, he a had a key drop and turnover. Because of the defense and their lack of playmaking ability, the Saints can't afford to turn the ball over. If it continues to happen, then he's at best a special teamer. The Saints need a CB, LB, and a DT in the draft before anything else.

nobody seems to know whats up with Devery, after seeing him in tampa last week I thought he would be #2 yesterday and at least #3

I was impressed how he continued to find ways to get open (Copper) all goame. If he could learn how to finish plays (he could have just fallen down and covered the ball on the crucial 4th down play) he'll be fine. Give him another chance, i think he'll improve. Good route runner tho.

I disagree. You can find quality receivers later in the draft. This is not true for things like CBs and LBs, which require athleticism which only few college players possess.

Joe Horn - undrafted
Marques Colston - 7th round

Donte Stallworth - 1st round
Devery Henderson - 2nd round

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom