Lil help here (1 Viewer)

CajunSaint

Hall of Famer
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my team and wouldnt mind some input. I am stuck in a rut in deciding on whether i need to make some trades in order to complete my playoff run and to win in the playoffs.

Keep in mind, this is a keeper league(2 players) and a 4 team playoff in weeks 15 & 16.

Here is my team:
QB: Brady and Brees
Rb: Bush, Jones-Drew, Henry, Addai
Wr: Owens, Jackson, Walker, Reg Brown, Colston(TE eligible)
Te: Shockey, Winslow
Def: Chicago, New England

Starts: 1 QB, 2 Rbs, 2 Wrs, 1 Rb/Wr, 1 TE, 1 Def

My usual lineup inlcudes:

Qb: Brady(Brees with certain matchups)
Rb: Bush, Best matchup between the other 3.
WR: Owens, Walker, Jackson (Brown was a great fill in for bye weeks)
TE: Colston
Def: Chicago

I am 4-3 in the league(10 teams) and in 3rd place. I score a lot of points, but I know I am not overly strong at RB. I have been trying to package a TE and Brown/Colston for a RB (ie McGahee, Gore, Taylor, etc.) but am getting no bites and the offers to me include just giving up way to much.

I just about had a deal in place that would give me Tiki and Chambers while giving up Brown, Colston, and Jones-Drew, but then they backed out wanted me to give up Brown, Jackson, and Jones-Drew.

Overall, I have done fine with Rbs, as in they have yet to lay an egg on me, however, none have had explosive weeks. My instincts tell me that I should stand pat and stick with the team that I have, but I still feel that I have too much on my bench to not try and make a move.

Anyway, I would appreciate some thoughts on what some of you would do if you were in this position. Who/What would you target? Who would you feel comfortable parting with? etc.

Thanks

I wouldn't make any changes unless you can get a real stud at RB. As far as who to target, I am not really sure. I think that Addia, Henry, and Jones Drew are only going to play better as the season plays out. I wouldn't mind parting with Reggie Bush but that's just IMO. Maybe you could package Bush with one of your top WR and try to upgrade your RB. Or you do have a good bit of depth at TE. Maybe trade Shockey(his name alone has value) with one of your RB and play Winslow/Colston. As far as values right now, and I am hestitant to say this, but last time Brian Billick took over the play calling for the Ravens Jamal Lewis had his 2,000 yard season. You could get him cheap.

Instead of trying to package Colston package up Winslow or Shockey with a lesser RB to get a better RB. You pretty much have 3 top 10 TEs if you play Colston there (which it looks like you do), and you can't start them all. The name recognition of Shockey and Winslow will get you more bites than a deal with Colston. As far as what RB to include, it would depend who you are getting in return but basically I would give them their choice in a lot of situations. They are all average at best, unless it's a ppr league. In that case Bush and Addai's value go up some.

Sometimes trades are hard to get right. Perhaps you could post a message on your league's message board with who you are willing to give up and what type of player you want to receive.

I wouldn't mind parting with Reggie Bush...you do have a good bit of depth at TE. Maybe trade Shockey(his name alone has value) with one of your RB and play Winslow/Colston.

I am not going to trade Reggie simply because of the fact that is a keeper league. .5 points are awarded per reception and it is 1 pt per 10 recieving yards, so Bush still have a good value. If it wasnt a keeper league, I would part with him.

As for my TEs, I have been trying to trade them since week 2! I cant get any bites on them. For some odd reason in this league, they just feel that a TE isnt important. I have packaged all kinds of deals with my TEs (either) along with Brown or Jones-Drew and no one wants them. Simply amazes me.

However, this is the latest trade offer to me.....

I give up Jones-Drew, Brown, and Colston and get Westbrook and either Keyshawn or Muhammed.

My only reservation about this trade is Westbrook's medical history. He seems to always get hurt at the end of the season. I am tempted but stuck.

Your thoughts....

Pull the trigger and take that trade!

I am not going to trade Reggie simply because of the fact that is a keeper league. .5 points are awarded per reception and it is 1 pt per 10 recieving yards, so Bush still have a good value. If it wasnt a keeper league, I would part with him.

As for my TEs, I have been trying to trade them since week 2! I cant get any bites on them. For some odd reason in this league, they just feel that a TE isnt important. I have packaged all kinds of deals with my TEs (either) along with Brown or Jones-Drew and no one wants them. Simply amazes me.

However, this is the latest trade offer to me.....

I give up Jones-Drew, Brown, and Colston and get Westbrook and either Keyshawn or Muhammed.

My only reservation about this trade is Westbrook's medical history. He seems to always get hurt at the end of the season. I am tempted but stuck.

Your thoughts....

Update on this trade.....

Ok, so now he is interested in taking Walker as well. Now I am stuck with trying to figure out which receiver I want to get rid of, Colston or Walker?

My homerism makes me want to keep Colston especially after this week! I am totally fine with dumping Brown and Drew and have no problem with that issue.

It is just trying to decide whether I want keep onto Colston or Walker. So now I pose the question....do I make this trade and hold onto Walker or Colston? Then which WR do I want in return, Muhammed or Me-shawn?

Thanks for the help.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom