Lil' Jordan Humphrey [Mod edit]!! (1 Viewer)

What annoys people about multiple threads being started on topics that already exist is that they've already engaged in a thread (many times with multiple posts) and then when the next thread comes up, they find themselves having to say the same stuff they just said in another thread if they disagree with something in the new thread. Well, that's what annoys me at least.

Not gonna rag on you over Humphries though. I saw his name spelled like that so often on here in camp and the preseason that I was like, "Who's this Humphrey dude making these catches?" when I first saw him. After that, I never forgot though.

I get the excitement for these undrafted rookies. The unknowns and looking at his college highlights and a few catches during preseason will excite a person. And also getting him for the cheap without having to spend a draft pick is intriguing. But need to lower your expectations of him just a little. No guaranteed he will be active even though he was promoted to the 53. Hey I was excited for Brandon Coleman. Look at him. A huge receiver with pretty good hands but was just a disappointment, as far as what my thinking was about him. They are not the up and coming Marcus Colston or Jerry Rice or whoever. At least not yet.

What annoys people about multiple threads being started on topics that already exist is that they've already engaged in a thread (many times with multiple posts) and then when the next thread comes up, they find themselves having to say the same stuff they just said in another thread if they disagree with something in the new thread. Well, that's what annoys me at least.

Not gonna rag on you over Humphries though. I saw his name spelled like that so often on here in camp and the preseason that I was like, "Who's this Humphrey dude making these catches?" when I first saw him. After that, I never forgot though.
I appreciate your at least civil post..and you know, I understand the idea of posting a thread that already exists..its uh, not that hard to figure it out...like I explained, I thought I saw the news break, posted, and did not go down and read every thread in the forum before I posted..I did not mean to break the darn rules...but really, is it that big of a deal? Its words...typed on an imaginary page...on the freakin internet...maybe I need to write it a hundred times on the chalk board...I will not post a thread that has already been posted.
I will not post a thread that has already been posted.

OK, is that enough...or do I need to do the other93?

Anyway, I am very happy about the signing of Lil' Jordan Humphrey....notice the correct spelling and hyphenation....even got the capital letters in the right place.
Can I please have the forums forgiveness for this incredibly criminal behavior? Do you think it will be OK if I visit again sometime? maybe if I take all the emotion out of my posts, and write more like a droid...I am glad we signed Lil' Jordan Humphrey...I hope he does well...
How's that? Good Morning...Have a good day...Go Saints...Beat the Seahawks...Arrrrggggghhhhh!!!

I get the excitement for these undrafted rookies. The unknowns and looking at his college highlights and a few catches during preseason will excite a person. And also getting him for the cheap without having to spend a draft pick is intriguing. But need to lower your expectations of him just a little. No guaranteed he will be active even though he was promoted to the 53. Hey I was excited for Brandon Coleman. Look at him. A huge receiver with pretty good hands but was just a disappointment, as far as what my thinking was about him. They are not the up and coming Marcus Colston or Jerry Rice or whoever. At least not yet.
I need to lower my expectations? Geez...OK...Brandon Coleman NEVER had good hands...he was a big physical reciever, but he never displayed the ability to catch everything you threw at him, and I was hopeful for him...but, I never got excited...you know, it is OK to post an opinion on here..the first day I came to this forum, I was immediately told, hey, you better read through the forum and check with us, we will let you know whats what...really? What kind of sick forum is this? You tell people what to think? You tell people when they should get excited? I would never do that to anyone...I might say, I disagree, I think this...but I would never tell anyone how I think they should think...
Anyway, of all the replies I got, yours was the only civil one, spoken with kindness, and I shouldn't be getting on you, but these guys have got my neck hairs standing up...
I was hoping to find a freindly Saints forum to replace the one that went away at NOLA...I am still holding out hope that as the season goes along, maybe we win another game, and perhaps there will be some friendly football discussion here...maybe...Look, I am just saying that I felt like I saw a lot of raw talent in this guy...he DOES seem to catch every pass within his catch radius..he is built tough, and plays tough...and good things happen when he catches the football...I have been following the Saints since 85 or so, and we have hardley EVER had two good wide receivers in that time...and yes, I realize Kirkwood and Trequan were doing pretty well, and yes, I know about Ginn, and he is great...but lets face it, he is long in the tooth, and while he may make it through this year, (calf already), he is not the future...the last time at the moment I can remember two were when Quinn Early came on, and I think he may have been paired with either Eric Martin, but it was probably Joe Horn, I can't recall...but he broke his leg, right in the middle of a run. So, that is why I am excited...someone to bookend Mike Thomas...excuse me...Michael Thomas...and I hope Jared Cook gets more catches as we go...man...tough gig here...

I need to lower my expectations? Geez...OK...Brandon Coleman NEVER had good hands...he was a big physical reciever, but he never displayed the ability to catch everything you threw at him, and I was hopeful for him...but, I never got excited...you know, it is OK to post an opinion on here..the first day I came to this forum, I was immediately told, hey, you better read through the forum and check with us, we will let you know whats what...really? What kind of sick forum is this? You tell people what to think? You tell people when they should get excited? I would never do that to anyone...I might say, I disagree, I think this...but I would never tell anyone how I think they should think...
Anyway, of all the replies I got, yours was the only civil one, spoken with kindness, and I shouldn't be getting on you, but these guys have got my neck hairs standing up...
I was hoping to find a freindly Saints forum to replace the one that went away at NOLA...I am still holding out hope that as the season goes along, maybe we win another game, and perhaps there will be some friendly football discussion here...maybe...Look, I am just saying that I felt like I saw a lot of raw talent in this guy...he DOES seem to catch every pass within his catch radius..he is built tough, and plays tough...and good things happen when he catches the football...I have been following the Saints since 85 or so, and we have hardley EVER had two good wide receivers in that time...and yes, I realize Kirkwood and Trequan were doing pretty well, and yes, I know about Ginn, and he is great...but lets face it, he is long in the tooth, and while he may make it through this year, (calf already), he is not the future...the last time at the moment I can remember two were when Quinn Early came on, and I think he may have been paired with either Eric Martin, but it was probably Joe Horn, I can't recall...but he broke his leg, right in the middle of a run. So, that is why I am excited...someone to bookend Mike Thomas...excuse me...Michael Thomas...and I hope Jared Cook gets more catches as we go...man...tough gig here...
Damn Bro.... I didn't criticize your thread. I was telling you my opinion of your excitement for this undrafted rookie. You brought up that he some kind of "magic" Give me some evidence that he is some kind of magic. I am going to respect your opinion, even though I may disagree with it. But don't get so offended if I don't. And another
thing....this is a forum...You state your opinion....I state mind my own. For my part and I am not speaking for the others....Don't get so offended, dude.

The secret to posting on this forum mate is to grow a thick skin, lord knows l post some stupid stuff sometimes, don’t let the small stuff bother you

@Skynnrd Let start all over... I know your stance with Lil'Jordan...You are excited. I understand that. My guy was Butler. He had a great camp and had some ups and downs in games. Still my favorite undrafted. But I can't see Butler as some kind of "magic" that can come in and solve all our problems. Really as a fan I wish Lil'Jordan can come in and just ball out and have the greatest game ever and you and all the Lil'Jordan bandwagon fans out there can come in and just soak it in like crazy on this forum and tell all of us "I TOLD YOU SO". I will be so glad to bow to that because he is a Saints and we are all fans.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom