Lil Jordan Humphrey (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I’m so unsure which of these receivers make this team. I was impressed with Lil Jordan tonight. Probably more impressed by Cyril. You can’t teach speed, and that was a wicked catch and great return. You also can’t teach height, and Lil Jordan looked quick and shifty for a big guy. Still anxious to see Butler.

GilFinnerty

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
He did what he did in college. Found a soft spot and got yac. He showed RB skill in college with the ball in his hands. Considering how far down the depth chart he was playing he needs to do a lot more to make the team though. A big guy running through 3rd string DBs isn't enough alone.
Yep I agree thats his game. He creates good throwing spots in off coverage. He has potential as a big slot. But i also think he is piegoned holed into only that role. So not a ton of position versatility or ST value. He can be a zone beater type wr though i think. PS potential at this point imo

Eman5805

Soulful Voice Actor
Reaction score
He did what he did in college. Found a soft spot and got yac. He showed RB skill in college with the ball in his hands. Considering how far down the depth chart he was playing he needs to do a lot more to make the team though. A big guy running through 3rd string DBs isn't enough alone.
Maybe not. But it was the spot he was given and he capitalized. What more could you ask in that situation?

texasjefe

That's how football go
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Did LJH play special teams last night? I hope he did.

I also continue to not know what of difference-making value the team gets from Austin Carr. Carr is not Julian Edelman.

guillermo

Visible minority
Reaction score
Exactly, you see in that play what Humphrey is as a player. A big slot receiver who is slippery considering his size.

A perfect option for third downs to move the chains.

With a totally different body type, he can grab the role played previously by Lance Moore and Willie Snead.

schuetter

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I actually think the fact that Butler didn’t see the field is indicative of the confidence that SP has in him. Under normal circumstances with a rookie that the staff is unsure about, they’d throw them in that game to get every chance they could to evaluate them. Being cautious with Butler and holding him out says a lot. Barring any setbacks, he’ll be on the field next week and will be given opportunities to show he belongs. The rest is up to him.

Dago

Veteran
Reaction score
Gonna be tough. If Grayson is capable, you almost have to keep him because Ginn is in the twighlight lf his career and the offense suffered without that receiver that could force the defense deep at times last year. If Humphrey, Grayson, and Butler show out. I think Kirkwood might be odd man out

SAINTSFAN

Contributor
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Butler's chances of making the team probably diminished below 10% after tonight.

Just can't be injured trying to make an NFL team as a long shot.
Doubtful. If he continues to miss time, I may agree. However, I think Butler may still have a very good chance of making the team. Do not over emphasize one early preseason game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom