Lil Jordan Humphrey (1 Viewer)

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
In college, he was an animal and he looked like that again last night. Some guys just have "it" when they get on the football field. The thing I like about him is that he's fearless in the spotlight. At Texas, he was the guy they threw up to with the game on the line and he never flinched. You could see that confidence last night.

I'm a big believer in Smith improving this season, but he could use some of the mentality that Humphrey has.

Last edited:

BlownGP

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
As a OU fan. It would be a shame if he wasn't on the team. He's a big body that can catch the ball and make plays

He played good against Georgia last year and even completed a pass. lol

Lustmord

The Scourge of Christians
Reaction score
Carr shouldn’t make the team.
I think the Carr era is over. Due is soooo slow. No suddenness at all.

So a couple of young guys are gonna get a shot. Thing is, is it Butler/Humphrey or Grayson/Harris? I dont think you can have both from each group as they are they are so similar

meily

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

So a couple of young guys are gonna get a shot. Thing is, is it Butler/Humphrey or Grayson/Harris? I dont think you can have both from each group as they are they are so similar

Butler, Humphrey and Harris to me are the most talented and players we went after intentionally after the draft...we aren't afraid of playing UDFA or rookies that fit a vision already casted on the team by former players with similar skillets

Reaction score

I was extremely impressed by Cyril Grayson as a returner and receiver. Looks like we definitely have good competition at the depth positions. Can't wait to see more of them all, and also get to see Butler in action.

DoMePaTrolleR

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I think this year we have no choice but to keep 6 active WRs. We are loaded with young talent. I have Butler and LJH making the roster as the 5th/6th WRs and Grayson Jr on the PS.
I like this group of WRs a lot. The size and athleticism from this group is insane. IMO Brees has the best weapons he has ever had to work with in his career hands down along with one of the best OLines.
These are the 7 WRs who make the team in order of importance with the last being on the PS
MT13/TG19/TQS10/KK18/EB17/LJH84/CG83

Hedon James

the agitant f/k/a Jekylz Hyde
Reaction score
Garden of Hedon...wherever I am, there I are...
We seem to have an abundance of young WR talent now and will probably have to cut someone who is going to end up on someone else's roster. Conversely, we seem really thin at TE. Cook looks like the best TE we've had since JG, but Josh Hill is primarily a blocking TE with surprising clutch catch capability, and Arnold is a high-low player.

Word on Humphrey is that he's a big dude, but slow. Maybe by WR standards, but how about TE standards? Regardless of his physical stats, dude looks like a GAMER, and I'm wondering if we can convert him to TE. Anyone have thoughts on why that might, or may not be a good idea?

saint_drago

I Must Break You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Exactly, you see in that play what Humphrey is as a player. A big slot receiver who is slippery considering his size.

A perfect option for third downs to move the chains.

With a totally different body type, he can grab the role played previously by Lance Moore and Willie Snead.
This. There's more than one way to skin a cat. You can put a small, shifty guy in the slot and he can get open with quickness. Or you can put a huge target in the slot and he'll be 2 or 3 inches taller than every Corner he faces. We've seen it work both ways.

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I’m pulling for him to make it. Liked his game in College.

meily

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We seem to have an abundance of young WR talent now and will probably have to cut someone who is going to end up on someone else's roster. Conversely, we seem really thin at TE. Cook looks like the best TE we've had since JG, but Josh Hill is primarily a blocking TE with surprising clutch catch capability, and Arnold is a high-low player.

Word on Humphrey is that he's a big dude, but slow. Maybe by WR standards, but how about TE standards? Regardless of his physical stats, dude looks like a GAMER, and I'm wondering if we can convert him to TE. Anyone have thoughts on why that might, or may not be a good idea?

you'd just create another Dan Arnold (whom I think is coming along fine) we aren't that thin at the position with Cooks, Hill, Arnold, Mack.

Cooks and Arnold can play inside slot, Hill is a blocker who can run those intermediate routes and Mack is a complete tight end that will continue to develop as that 4th tight end.

Humphrey, Cobbs, Butler and Harris as a Pr/KR we could keep up to 7 receivers....but it will be interesting to see who the Saints decide to keep when it comes to cut down day, you know we don't want to let some of these guys go as Payton likes to build players up through his system.

Saint Lattimore

Restricted Airspace
Reaction score

I think Harris is in a battle for a roster spot with Sherels, not Grayson... and with Sherels being a vet on a bigger contract (comparatively), the early edge goes to Harris.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom