Lil Jordan Humphrey (1 Viewer)

I figured he must not have.....but when Stinch was going over guys who "didn't dress" for this game shortly before kickoff...he never mentioned Butler.

Either way, yeah........Round 1 goes to Lil'Jordan........with Cyril Grayson getting an honorable mention.

Yeah, from what I heard Butler dressed but didn’t play. He just came back off his injury on Wednesday I think, so there was no rush to play him tonight.

That said, the best ability is availability!

Butler n Kirkwood were out. But Lil Jordan n Cyril made the most of their opportunity.
With the emergence of Butler, and some shoddy play of his own during TC, folks had written off Lil Jordan. But what he did on his TD catch was the type of play he made regularly in college at Texas!

Like another poster said, his speed aside, Cyril has rarely dropped a pass so far in camp. Not only did he make a nice deep catch, but also a nice kick return ( and got facemasked, which slowed him down, too). But man, I would love to have seen him on dat end around that got blown dead! Watch for that play later in preseason!

Good job by both tonight!

He did what he did in college. Found a soft spot and got yac. He showed RB skill in college with the ball in his hands. Considering how far down the depth chart he was playing he needs to do a lot more to make the team though. A big guy running through 3rd string DBs isn't enough alone.

I’m so unsure which of these receivers make this team. I was impressed with Lil Jordan tonight. Probably more impressed by Cyril. You can’t teach speed, and that was a wicked catch and great return. You also can’t teach height, and Lil Jordan looked quick and shifty for a big guy. Still anxious to see Butler.

He did what he did in college. Found a soft spot and got yac. He showed RB skill in college with the ball in his hands. Considering how far down the depth chart he was playing he needs to do a lot more to make the team though. A big guy running through 3rd string DBs isn't enough alone.

Yep I agree thats his game. He creates good throwing spots in off coverage. He has potential as a big slot. But i also think he is piegoned holed into only that role. So not a ton of position versatility or ST value. He can be a zone beater type wr though i think. PS potential at this point imo

Maybe not. But it was the spot he was given and he capitalized. What more could you ask in that situation?

Did LJH play special teams last night? I hope he did.

I also continue to not know what of difference-making value the team gets from Austin Carr. Carr is not Julian Edelman.

Exactly, you see in that play what Humphrey is as a player. A big slot receiver who is slippery considering his size.

A perfect option for third downs to move the chains.

With a totally different body type, he can grab the role played previously by Lance Moore and Willie Snead.

I actually think the fact that Butler didn’t see the field is indicative of the confidence that SP has in him. Under normal circumstances with a rookie that the staff is unsure about, they’d throw them in that game to get every chance they could to evaluate them. Being cautious with Butler and holding him out says a lot. Barring any setbacks, he’ll be on the field next week and will be given opportunities to show he belongs. The rest is up to him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom