Lil Jordan Humphrey (1 Viewer)

Gonna be tough. If Grayson is capable, you almost have to keep him because Ginn is in the twighlight lf his career and the offense suffered without that receiver that could force the defense deep at times last year. If Humphrey, Grayson, and Butler show out. I think Kirkwood might be odd man out

Butler's chances of making the team probably diminished below 10% after tonight.

Just can't be injured trying to make an NFL team as a long shot.
Doubtful. If he continues to miss time, I may agree. However, I think Butler may still have a very good chance of making the team. Do not over emphasize one early preseason game.

In college, he was an animal and he looked like that again last night. Some guys just have "it" when they get on the football field. The thing I like about him is that he's fearless in the spotlight. At Texas, he was the guy they threw up to with the game on the line and he never flinched. You could see that confidence last night.

I'm a big believer in Smith improving this season, but he could use some of the mentality that Humphrey has.

Last edited:
As a OU fan. It would be a shame if he wasn't on the team. He's a big body that can catch the ball and make plays

He played good against Georgia last year and even completed a pass. lol

Carr shouldn’t make the team.
I think the Carr era is over. Due is soooo slow. No suddenness at all.

So a couple of young guys are gonna get a shot. Thing is, is it Butler/Humphrey or Grayson/Harris? I dont think you can have both from each group as they are they are so similar

So a couple of young guys are gonna get a shot. Thing is, is it Butler/Humphrey or Grayson/Harris? I dont think you can have both from each group as they are they are so similar

Butler, Humphrey and Harris to me are the most talented and players we went after intentionally after the draft...we aren't afraid of playing UDFA or rookies that fit a vision already casted on the team by former players with similar skillets

I was extremely impressed by Cyril Grayson as a returner and receiver. Looks like we definitely have good competition at the depth positions. Can't wait to see more of them all, and also get to see Butler in action.

I think this year we have no choice but to keep 6 active WRs. We are loaded with young talent. I have Butler and LJH making the roster as the 5th/6th WRs and Grayson Jr on the PS.
I like this group of WRs a lot. The size and athleticism from this group is insane. IMO Brees has the best weapons he has ever had to work with in his career hands down along with one of the best OLines.
These are the 7 WRs who make the team in order of importance with the last being on the PS
MT13/TG19/TQS10/KK18/EB17/LJH84/CG83

We seem to have an abundance of young WR talent now and will probably have to cut someone who is going to end up on someone else's roster. Conversely, we seem really thin at TE. Cook looks like the best TE we've had since JG, but Josh Hill is primarily a blocking TE with surprising clutch catch capability, and Arnold is a high-low player.

Word on Humphrey is that he's a big dude, but slow. Maybe by WR standards, but how about TE standards? Regardless of his physical stats, dude looks like a GAMER, and I'm wondering if we can convert him to TE. Anyone have thoughts on why that might, or may not be a good idea?

Exactly, you see in that play what Humphrey is as a player. A big slot receiver who is slippery considering his size.

A perfect option for third downs to move the chains.

With a totally different body type, he can grab the role played previously by Lance Moore and Willie Snead.

This. There's more than one way to skin a cat. You can put a small, shifty guy in the slot and he can get open with quickness. Or you can put a huge target in the slot and he'll be 2 or 3 inches taller than every Corner he faces. We've seen it work both ways.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom