Lil Jordan Humphrey (1 Viewer)

We seem to have an abundance of young WR talent now and will probably have to cut someone who is going to end up on someone else's roster. Conversely, we seem really thin at TE. Cook looks like the best TE we've had since JG, but Josh Hill is primarily a blocking TE with surprising clutch catch capability, and Arnold is a high-low player.

Word on Humphrey is that he's a big dude, but slow. Maybe by WR standards, but how about TE standards? Regardless of his physical stats, dude looks like a GAMER, and I'm wondering if we can convert him to TE. Anyone have thoughts on why that might, or may not be a good idea?

you'd just create another Dan Arnold (whom I think is coming along fine) we aren't that thin at the position with Cooks, Hill, Arnold, Mack.

Cooks and Arnold can play inside slot, Hill is a blocker who can run those intermediate routes and Mack is a complete tight end that will continue to develop as that 4th tight end.

Humphrey, Cobbs, Butler and Harris as a Pr/KR we could keep up to 7 receivers....but it will be interesting to see who the Saints decide to keep when it comes to cut down day, you know we don't want to let some of these guys go as Payton likes to build players up through his system.

I think the Carr era is over. Due is soooo slow. No suddenness at all.

So a couple of young guys are gonna get a shot. Thing is, is it Butler/Humphrey or Grayson/Harris? I dont think you can have both from each group as they are they are so similar

I think Harris is in a battle for a roster spot with Sherels, not Grayson... and with Sherels being a vet on a bigger contract (comparatively), the early edge goes to Harris.

I think the Carr era is over. Due is soooo slow. No suddenness at all.

So a couple of young guys are gonna get a shot. Thing is, is it Butler/Humphrey or Grayson/Harris? I dont think you can have both from each group as they are they are so similar
Harris is competing to be a returner. He didn't see any offensive snaps in the first preseason game. Butler has been learning the X and Humphrey the slot.

I think the competition looks something like:
X: Thomas/Butler/Cobbs
Z: Ginn/Smith/Grayson
Slot: Kirkwood/Carr/Humphrey

I'm thinking they keep 2 of the 3 at each position.

you'd just create another Dan Arnold (whom I think is coming along fine) we aren't that thin at the position with Cooks, Hill, Arnold, Mack.

Cooks and Arnold can play inside slot, Hill is a blocker who can run those intermediate routes and Mack is a complete tight end that will continue to develop as that 4th tight end.

Humphrey, Cobbs, Butler and Harris as a Pr/KR we could keep up to 7 receivers....but it will be interesting to see who the Saints decide to keep when it comes to cut down day, you know we don't want to let some of these guys go as Payton likes to build players up through his system.

Good call on Mack...forgot about him. But it still looks like we'll be cutting WRs who will end up on someone else's gameday roster. It doesn't happen very often, but sure wish we could trade one of those guys for a backup T, even if that T is a project.

It was great to see Harris return the way he did. He made the most of his opportunity and showed why he holds the records in college football. Cyril made some nice plays and so did Ozigbo. The defense looked sluggish and in the wrong places, especially in the first quarter. Was disappointed with getting no pressure on the QB and not covering the receivers. Looked like the beginning of last year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom