Lil Jordan Humphries, Cyril Grayson & Emmanuel Butler (1 Viewer)

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
What was the point of bringing him up from the Practice Squad? I don't even think he's been active on game days yet. Austin Carr has been, but I don't even think he has seen any Offensive plays in a few games now. We could really use a Slot Receiver really, really badly. Why won't they just give the guy a shot? Lance Moore, Willy Snead - just 2 guys they did this with as UDFA's, and they became huge successes. I don't get why we brought him up, if we are not gonna play him.

Emmanuel Butler had a great TC, and so-so Pre-Season, but we are not even hearing his name mentioned. I'd love to give this guy a try, along with Humprhries, allowing Smith and Kirkwood time to heal, by not rushing them back. Not to mention, we need to get a look at them in game situations. When the playoffs get here, they really need to have some playing time. Now would be the time for that. The games are still early enough in the season that it wouldn't hurt us to give them a few plays a game, where they can see the speed of the game.

Finally, I wonder if anybody signed Cyril Grayson after we cut him. I'd love to have him on our PS so he could be developing for next year. Ginn is not getting any younger, and we need a speed receiver in training. I remember him making some pretty spectacular catches during Pre-season. And, he's a local boy.

I believe Carr is a special team cover guy. His role isn’t offense unless we have in game injuries.

I don't think adding a new receiver will do any good until Brees comes back. He's the master of going to his 3 or 4th W.R. Bridgewater isn't. I like the gameplan N.O is using for now make sure you get the ball to your tried and true playmakers: Thomas, Kamara, Ginn, Cook and use Murray for short screens. When Drew gets back the N.F.L Defenses will not know what to do with the Saints offense.

LJH had 18 snaps last week
Carr had 21

Butler is on the PS because you can only carry 48 players into game day, and you can't have an infinite numer of active receivers.

End thread.

You really should get Twitter, DR. That's a much more appropriate venue for just saying whatever pops into your head at any given moment than starting new threads here is.

Newsflash is behind Thomas and Ginn, the other guys just aren't that good. :idunno:

Ok maybe not "not that good", but they are average. Our receiving core behind MT is pretty average. The young guys have potential of course, but neither will be inserted in this year and dominate or anything. The 2009 WR corps and others have spoiled us. We have an elite WR currently, but we don't necessarily have an overall great core. It's not the end of the world, we make up for it with an elite RB in Kamara and a TE in Cook who looks to be trending upward. And Drew's a guy who can get the most out of other average role players any given Sunday.

I for one, am much happier having a good secondary and D Line core for a change, and am happy to trade off a great WR core for that.

But I'm also not opposed to us looking for help with the WR position should we decide to make a move.

You really should get Twitter, DR. That's a much more appropriate venue for just saying whatever pops into your head at any given moment than starting new threads here is.
Don't recall doing that. Besides, I thought this was a forum for questions and other such things. Sorry that bothers you.

LJH had 18 snaps last week
Carr had 21

Butler is on the PS because you can only carry 48 players into game day, and you can't have an infinite numer of active receivers.

End thread.

That’s the entire point of a message board. Don’t be a dick. U don’t have to click on the thread

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom