Lil Jordan Humphries, Cyril Grayson & Emmanuel Butler (1 Viewer)

Personally glad the OP posted this because Idle speculation on SR.com keeps me off of terrible social networks like Facebook & Twitter. Talking Saints football, even if its idle speculation, keeps me sane. So....thanks, OP.

On to the point > Giving LJH some game time now, even if he's not being targeted much, can be a huge benefit when it comes time for Brees to come back. A previous poster mentioned that TB is going to "game manage" and go with low risk throws. He's just going to force it the best he can to CGM, Cook, or Kamara then throw it away for the most part. We're just not going to see the benefit until Brees comes back. Brees best ability may be the fact he can somehow see the entire field at once and isn't afraid to throw it to anyone. He's the guy that makes the UDFA shine when given the opportunity. LJH will get his time to shine in the 2nd half of the season.

Brilliant post, and exactly right. Wait, let me google that just to be sure...

Brees is magnificent at going through 4-5 reads quickly, which is why the ball gets spread around so much when he is QB. Most QBs don't have the talent to go through that many reads in a few seconds. The gameplanning with Teddy has been play it safe, don't turn it over, trust your playmakers. That said, I wouldn't mind drawing up a play specifically for Carr or Humphries this weekend simply because we've so studiously focused on MT, AK, Cook, and Ginn for every other Bridgewater start and we might catch the Bears napping on Carr/Humphries.

Last edited:
Yes. You can do a google search on pretty much anything. It's just as simple to go to a Sports Forum - dedicated to Saints news and opinions - and ask the question. If the question is not something you want to waste your time on, you don't have to open the thread. LC was just wanting to jab at me for some reason, as it was the 2nd time in two days. Don't know what I did to him, and I simply don't care. This is a Forum for Saints news.

Yes. You can do a google search on pretty much anything. It's just as simple to go to a Sports Forum - dedicated to Saints news and opinions - and ask the question. If the question is not something you want to waste your time on, you don't have to open the thread. LC was just wanting to jab at me for some reason, as it was the 2nd time in two days. Don't know what I did to him, and I simply don't care. This is a Forum for Saints news.
So let's discuss. Now it's been made apparent LJH is playing and has a role, do you still feel that it wasn't worth bringing him up from the PS?

Do you think he is only a success if you notice him playing?

Do you continue to think we should be re-signing players we cut, because they weren't good enough to make the team initially, on the basis that they are 'local boys'?

I'd enjoy your insight ?

A discussion is always better than a yes/no. I bet 99% of us reads SR because they like the give and take of discussions. I'm betting you asked the question to create a discussion. I guess LC is among the 1%, which is an honor. Sort of.

If Teddy gets time, you will see more shots to Smith and Humphrey. Austin is another under-utilized target. Teddy has been under duress, or not using his pocket to best effect. We'll see.

A discussion is always better than a yes/no. I bet 99% of us reads SR because they like the give and take of discussions. I'm betting you asked the question to create a discussion.

Agreed. Its the equivalent of sitting at a bar with your buddy that's a Saints fan. A question pops in my head that I'm not sure the answer to. If I just whip out my phone, Google it, go "hmm. okay" then go about my business...we never have a decent discussion on the topic.

That being said, I think this one might have run its course unless someone has some insight :)

Agreed. Its the equivalent of sitting at a bar with your buddy that's a Saints fan. A question pops in my head that I'm not sure the answer to. If I just whip out my phone, Google it, go "hmm. okay" then go about my business...we never have a decent discussion on the topic.

That being said, I think this one might have run its course unless someone has some insight :)

Perfect example! We covered Drew, Teddy, our WR's, and socialization. That makes this a very successful thread.

Oh oh, messed up. I wrote "reads" instead of "read". I'm bracing for a visit. :hihi:

A discussion is always better than a yes/no. I bet 99% of us reads SR because they like the give and take of discussions. I'm betting you asked the question to create a discussion. I guess LC is among the 1%, which is an honor. Sort of.

If Teddy gets time, you will see more shots to Smith and Humphrey. Austin is another under-utilized target. Teddy has been under duress, or not using his pocket to best effect. We'll see.
What is the point of a Forum, if there are no threads? How can you have a discussion, if there is nothing to debate, or talk about? If we did it the way the 1% like, there would be almost no threads to talk on. I seriously didn't know the answer to my question, and thought I would ask. Didn't know I would have my head bashed in for asking a question. Seems to me like it's just LC wanting to show himself better than another because he already knew the answer. Why not just avoid a thread if you don't like the poster?

If the question is not something you want to waste your time on, you don't have to open the thread.
The title of the thread is "Lil Jordan Humphries, Cyril Grayson and Emmanuel Butler" so I thought there was going to be news in the thread about them.

Had I known it was going to be a question which could've been answered with a 30 second google search, I would never have opened it. ?

He was brought up to fill the spot when Kirkwood was placed on IR...did the OP think he was brought up because he was "so good" that we needed him on offense?
Not really.. He was activated when TQS went down with his injury. TQS played against TB and LJH was not active. Then when TQS re aggravated his ankle injury, LJH was activated again.

What is the point of a Forum, if there are no threads? How can you have a discussion, if there is nothing to debate, or talk about? If we did it the way the 1% like, there would be almost no threads to talk on. I seriously didn't know the answer to my question, and thought I would ask. Didn't know I would have my head bashed in for asking a question. Seems to me like it's just LC wanting to show himself better than another because he already knew the answer. Why not just avoid a thread if you don't like the poster?
So why not get on with discussing the topic? I did just ask you more about it, after all.

There's an old saying that you can't sprinkle sugar on [Mod Edit :nono: TVP is not allowed on the SSF Board, including intentionally triggering the profanity filter] and expect it to be sweet. In no way am I suggesting that any of our players are **** but I am merely talking about the approach.

Since our fantastic 4 left (Colston, Moore, Henderson & Meachem), our WR group has been average at best. Every year we'll sprinkle in a few UDFAs and expect it to stick. Well that can only get you so far.

I use to be in the group that believes our WRs were only great because Drew made them look good. Well after seeing our failure at getting good WRs, that clearly was not the case. Another issue is that once we do get a good WR, we end up trading them. So i'm not surprised that we're still bringing up this subject years later.

It will not change until the Saints change their priority to this group. Every other team knows that if MT or AK isn't available, then it's going to be fun to watch us try to get a touchdown.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since our fantastic 4 left (Colston, Moore, Henderson & Meachem), our WR group has been average at best. Every year we'll sprinkle in a few UDFAs and expect it to stick. Well that can only get you so far.

Actually in 2016, Saints had Thomas, Cooks, and Snead. A pretty good trio. It was CSP and management that traded Cooks. Then for some reason Snead fell off. I think they were also relying on Cameron Meredith to fill in with Thomas and Ginn and that blew up. TQS has shown flashes and I think he was really coming on until he turned his ankle. Then Kirkwood gets injured. Then the team's leadership did not really turn to the FA market this offseason, which I thought was a mistake. And of course, here we are, CGM, Ginn, and ????????

Actually in 2016, Saints had Thomas, Cooks, and Snead. A pretty good trio. It was CSP and management that traded Cooks. Then for some reason Snead fell off. I think they were also relying on Cameron Meredith to fill in with Thomas and Ginn and that blew up. TQS has shown flashes and I think he was really coming on until he turned his ankle. Then Kirkwood gets injured. Then the team's leadership did not really turn to the FA market this offseason, which I thought was a mistake. And of course, here we are, CGM, Ginn, and ????????
We would be in some serious trouble if our defense wasn't playing good. I hope we get it right though. Even if we don't get AJ, then Dez should do fine. Ignoring a problem won't fix it.

So let's discuss. Now it's been made apparent LJH is playing and has a role, do you still feel that it wasn't worth bringing him up from the PS?

Do you think he is only a success if you notice him playing?

Do you continue to think we should be re-signing players we cut, because they weren't good enough to make the team initially, on the basis that they are 'local boys'?

I'd enjoy your insight ?
I never said it wasn't worth bringing him up. I asked why we brought him up and weren't playing him. Now, it has been pointed out that he is playing, just not doing anything. I will decide what we have when Brees comes back, who can actually read more than 2 options in the passing arsenal. And, no to the second part. The question is, can he run block like Meecham and Coleman did? Can he clear out the field to allow other receivers get open? I don't know the answer, because I haven't even seen him in the games.

As for your last question, I never said that they should be resigned so that they can come in and start for us. I said I'd love to see them on the practice squad to be developed. Cyril Grayson actually looked pretty good, just needed more developement. I was just wondering if anybody had signed him. Don't know if he would acually ever develope. Would love to see if he could, though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom